Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hate to hear this ... truly sorry for your loss

Comment

Man that's a tough pill to swallow. I'm sorry for your loss. Remember the good times for years to come.

Comment

I'm very sorry for your loss. And I hope many other tough guys I see on here read this. Many think it's some tough or country boy way to shoot a dog. You just never know when it's someone's family member who some freak way got out and ran in front of the wrong guy. It's just a hunt and not the end of the world. Again, sorry for the bad news. How did you find him?

Comment

I tell you what....I am really sorry that this turned out the way it did.

People like you and your family and the love that you have for your dog are the EXACT people that I think about when we have the threads where someone is ready to shoot a dog that has messed up a hunt.....I hope that whomever did this will get his in return.

take care - Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
            I'm very sorry for your loss. And I hope many other tough guys I see on here read this. Many think it's some tough or country boy way to shoot a dog. You just never know when it's someone's family member who some freak way got out and ran in front of the wrong guy. It's just a hunt and not the end of the world. Again, sorry for the bad news. How did you find him?
            Well said.

Comment

Nothing lower than a Thief and a liar. I am so sorry about that.

Comment

I'm so sorry for your loss. I understand the anger and pain you are feeling right now and will pray for peace for you and your family.

Comment

Sorry for your loss

Good Hunting

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
                    Thanks again for all your well wishes and support!! It's my responsibility to keep animals contained on my property. I never have and never will have a male tracking dog cut! Unfortunately when Mother Nature calls for any females within a few miles, a male dog, let alone a tracker, let alone a bloodhound, is gonna want to go!! Heck weren't we all in our teens and twenties ( and then some)? There was a pit in heat at the front of our neighborhood. It's a big accusation so I'm reaching down deep and trying to hold my composure , until I can get all the facts. I did find his body across the street from their house. He had been drug up about 20 yards back and hid up under some bushes. There were no teeth marks from critters and his body was facing the road. he was drug by his hind legs. I do want to give special thanks to, two incredible gentleman on here, thank you elkhunter71 and sniper! Appreciate your Pm's
                    Last edited by dustinm; 11-06-2016, 05:45 PM. Reason: None

Comment

I mean I DO want to give special thanks, sorry

Comment

So he didn't get stolen, but instead he ran away from your house to mate with your neighbors dog and your neighbor shot him?

What did your neighbor say?

Comment

So sorry for your loss!

Comment

So sorry for your loss.

Comment

Dustin I want to say I am sorry for your lose. You are a great man and strong for your family. I talked to you the other night about him and I kept my eyes out for him. I hope you and the family can be strong and not move on but hold his memories close you never forget a great dog or should I say family member.

Jeremy

Comment

I have to say something here - I know your pain personally. My dog was shot by a poacher while tracking. It was the greatest loss I'd ever experienced and I know you and your family will grieve for some time. There is no reason or justification for this, other than your dog was loose. Was he aggressive? Could he have attacked someone? You say in your neighborhood, so it sounds like you live inside city limits.

The letter of the law says it is illegal to shoot a dog, however, a defense for shooting someone's dog is: 1. the dog was attacking livestock; 2. the owner requested it; 3. the dog was creating imminent danger to humans. I could reasonably assume the first 2 defenses are not valid for your situation. The third defense could be used by the shooter, but only if your dog was attacking a person. If he lies, you could prove it with witnesses. Furthermore, most cities have ordinances prohibiting the discharge of firearms.

Regardless if you decide to pursue legal options, you should not feel guilty for your dog getting loose. It happens all of the time and the law recognizes that. And, more DA's are prosecuting.

Please, do not blame yourself for this. It is sad and painful, but it isn't your fault, either.

Comment

Working...
                                X