Question for our TBH LEO's???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for our TBH LEO's???

I was driving my Jeep Wrangler with the top down today on IH-35 North in New Braunfels. I was in the fast lane doing 75mph. An 18 wheeler (without a trailer) comes up right on my rear. There is another 18 wheeler in the next lane, so I accelerate to pass him and move over. Apparently I wasn't doing this fast enough and the truck gets within 10 feet of my back bumper. I give him a wave to let him know that I see him and I'm moving. As soon as I could, I moved over. Well I guess he was having a bad day because he throws his Whataburger styrofoam cup at me full of ice and soda. It hits my back seat and sprays everywhere in my Jeep. There is no chance this was an accident.

Is this an offense under the penal code, if so what is it? Assault? Road Rage?

More than one offense..That stretch is no trucks in left lane. & with the CDL laws now..I'm pretty sure you could make his day a little worse

Comment

criminal mischief for the damages

Comment

Walking Eagle, do you do Taxidermy work?

Comment

I've cleaned lots of animals, but never any taxidermy.

Thanks for everyone elses replies. I admit, it was a real test for a guy with a CHL. I was pretty angry about it. I called 911 to report him, but Comal dispatch sent me to Hays and they said they didn't have anyone available. I was still behind him, but didn't feel comfortable getting close enough to get some numbers off his truck. He didn't have any plates visible from the rear of the truck. There was another blue 18 wheeler just like his right behind him. When he passed by me he was pointing and laughing at me. The dispatcher asked if I was hurt and I wasn't, but I told her that I didn't know if any damage was done to the jeep. She said to pull over and check and then call Comal back to report since that is where the incident happened. I said report what, I didn't even have his license info because I was keeping my distance behind him. I realized why they didn't have any available officers to respond. They were blocking 4 of the entrance ramps on the southbound lanes in San Marcos for construction. Glad they didn't break away from that!
          Last edited by Walking Eagle; 11-18-2008, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Walking Eagle View Post
            I've cleaned lots of animals, but never any taxidermy.

Thanks for everyone elses replies. I admit, it was a real test for a guy with a CHL. I was pretty angry about it. I called 911 to report him, but Comal dispatch sent me to Hays and they said they didn't have anyone available. I was still behind him, but didn't feel comfortable getting close enough to get some numbers off his truck. He didn't have any plates visible from the rear of the truck. There was another blue 18 wheeler just like his right behind him. When he passed by me he was pointing and laughing at me. The dispatcher asked if I was hurt and I wasn't, but I told her that I didn't know if any damage was done to the jeep. She said to pull over and check and then call Comal back to report since that is where the incident happened. I said report what, I didn't even have his license info because I was keeping my distance behind him. I realized why they didn't have any available officers to respond. They were blocking 4 of the entrance ramps on the southbound lanes in San Marcos for construction. Glad they didn't break away from that!

So you were thinking about shooting him???? Maybe shooting out his tire??? Or were you just going to flash the pistol??? VERY SCARY............

Comment

Working...
            X