Capturing still photo from video?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Capturing still photo from video?

I have video of LDP and wanted to capture still photo for 8x10 pic (point n shoot was out of batteries). I played the vid back on camera and captured it on SD card, but the quality of the pic is horrible once printed out. Is there any other way to capture this pic with better quality. Will it make a difference if I go ahead and transfer to Windows Movie Maker and then try and print out a still or am I screwed? If I do this, what format does it need to be in for best quality. The pic I have now from the SD card is grainy and pixelated.

It's gonna be tough to get any better than the SD card capture.

Can you get it on a computer? Might be able to play it back full screen and get a screen capture that's better depending on the video recording media.
    Hunting Videos & Flickr Pix

Comment

Yeah, I can get it on computer. I captured it onto my SD card in my video camera while the video was playing if that explains what I did any better.

Comment

If you have windows movie maker download the video to it and then when you get to the point in the video where you want the picture from, pause the video. Under the screen in the upper right hand corner there is a button that looks like a camera. click on it and it will save the picture for you, you just need to tell it where.

Comment

Do I need to convert it to another file type for better quality?

Comment

Working...
          X