Are Knives of Alaska worth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thwackdaddy View Post
    I have this one..............The Muskrat.......by far the best skinning/caping knife I have ever owned
    Thats mine! Love it! Came in a combo set!

Comment

I have a friend who has a set and we have cleaned 5 hogs, 4 deer and we haven't even began to re-sharpen them. These have a great edge on them.

Comment

That's funny I started that post in 2008 instead of buying A KOA knife I started making them lol

Comment

Originally posted by Bama View Post
          That's funny I started that post in 2008 instead of buying A KOA knife I started making them lol
          I was wondering why ya was asking

Comment

I bought a KOA Clever abour 13 years ago and it has been the best $110 I ever spent on a knife. Followed up by getting a Caper and Gut Hook and now have the best three knives in my collection. Nothing better than Knives of Alaska.

Comment

I purchased a combo set before this past hunting season and have been extremely impressed!

Comment

I love mine.

Comment

Great knives, I bought the Muskrat/Cub Bear combo years ago for small game and bird processing. I sure do like them. Been thinking about getting another set for large game.

Comment

I have the muskrat/cub, the cleaver, and the magnum Alaska Guthook.

I have not been very impressed with them. They were incredible sharp at first but now I cannot seem to get a very good edge on them. Especially the two cubs. I just must be horrible at sharpening. I got a Havalon piranta and have been very satisfied with it.

So if anybody wants to buy some KOA I have some for sale.

Comment

Use mine for processing and love them

Comment

Originally posted by q-all View Post
                        I have the muskrat/cub, the cleaver, and the magnum Alaska Guthook.

I have not been very impressed with them. They were incredible sharp at first but now I cannot seem to get a very good edge on them. Especially the two cubs. I just must be horrible at sharpening. I got a Havalon piranta and have been very satisfied with it.

So if anybody wants to buy some KOA I have some for sale.
                        Holy thread resurrection Batman...

Put me first in line to buy what you have...If the price is right of course. PM sent.

I have six of these knives and want a deboner and a fillet knife to complete my set.

Comment

No knife is worth that kind of money. I have several high end knives and was on the pro staff for Rapid River Knivesfor many years. After losing knives it seems I do that a lot. I switched to cheap $4.00 Victor knives. I take two out with me and they get the job done with no fear of loss. For my up coming moose/griz float trip were taking several and a small sharpener. For caping I use scapel blades.

Comment

Two dislikes out of 72 posts. No bad stats and a definitely plus for those who plan on buying them.

Comment

Bringing an old post to life here but I can confirm these knives are very high quality. Charles started another company recently called diamondblade which makes excellent knives as well. Also has an outfitting company in Alaska. If you ever have the chance to meet him you'll hear some incredible stories.

Comment

Where can they b purchased

Comment

Working...
                                X