No announcement yet.

Processor - Crosby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ainsworth does a good job. Try the east Texas blend sausage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
      Suggest you call him about bone in meat... When I used him last year, he told me he was only taking boned out meat from here on out... Just check with him.

He's told us that for the last few years. Either way it's worth it.

Comment

FWIW, my wife prefers the way Juniors packs the hamburger meat over Jacksons.

Jacksons puts it in tubed rolls that take longer to defrost.
        Juniors puts it in flat clear sealed packs - which allows it to defrost faster and more evenly.

We usually get a few deer processed at each one every year.

Juniors sausage has a finer grind, Jacksons uses larger chunk of cheese.

Our first deer this year is currently at Juniors.

Comment

Maxwell's prices are higher, but man they do an awesome job. I suggest Herrington's or pure Cajun in Winnie. Not too far, and well worth it!

Comment

Man, I didn't know there were so many places around the area that does sausage and stuff!

I used to use Ainsworth, but after having trouble dropping off meat because they shut down so much for holidays, and their own hunting escapades, Chew had told me about Allen's. I tried him and would never use Ainsworth again... All I ever get is sausage and hamburger... Allen's is orders of magnitude better for my taste, plus he vacuum seals everything. You can take a pack out of the freezer, drop it in boiling water, and it's thawed in no time for cooking any way you like.

Comment

I used Jackson's for years, and Junior broke that. 2 years with Ainsworth, and I'm happy with the product.

Comment

The last time I used Ainsworths it took forever to get my deer back. Product was okay, but delivery was several months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

2 day turnaround with Ainsworth on this one. Hamburger and sausage.

Comment

It's hard to beat Juniors smokehouse. They have the best sausage, summer sausage, jerky anywhere around. I have used all mentioned above but allens. I like good products but cleanlessness is number one. Jackson's steaks and cuts are good but the sausage is to dry. Jacksons screwed me on on a show steer this year and I will not go back. I basically have a couple hundred pounds of hamburger with bone in it that I can't eat

Comment

Another for Allens. There sausage is the best in my opinion. Ive been happy with there service every time.

Comment

We take all of ours to Jackson's and have never had a bad dealing. Usually 3 to 4 days. I might try Allen's this year since yall speak so highly of it.

Comment

Working...
                        X