Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

mountain lion sighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two in the Sabine River bottom and one in Runnels County over a twenty year period. They ain't exactly prolific, but they're here !

Comment

Originally posted by mchildress View Post
      Both my sons and wife were hunting in the front and heard one Sat right before dark in Polk county. Wife said it sounded like a woman screaming.
      Polk County?......just as likely an actual woman, actually screaming.

Comment

its that time of year! texas m.l. migration. next few week 100s of sightings from all over the state...

Comment

Originally posted by kembry View Post
          What bike trail is this?
          The one at Windsong Ranch. Do you know it?

Comment

We hunted west of Goldthwaite back in the nineties and one of our members saw a mommy mt lion and cubs on two different hunts over a two month period.

Comment

Originally posted by seminole1990 View Post
              The one at Windsong Ranch. Do you know it?
              I know where Windsong Ranch is but I've not been on the bike trail.

Comment

Saw one north of Jacksboro back in the mid-90's. Had two on our Throckmorton lease about 15 years ago. Momma and a cub.

Comment

Originally posted by kembry View Post
                  What bike trail is this?

Here's the pic of the track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Three years ago or so we were told about one by a hunter on a neighboring property in Concho County, Paint Rock, TX. Guy was still pretty shook up, walked out of his camp to where we were waiting on someone on the county road near the Duck Creek School. Some of ya'll may know where that is. He said he had seen one come out into a field where two does were eating. The does spooked off moments b/f the cat emerged. He said it was a large adult cat with a long tail, roughly the length of its body. According to the hunter, it came out and was gone within moments. Never stopped moving. Apparently they have been seen moving along Duck Creek there in Concho County. I have no reason not to believe his account as it had just occurred a few hours before we spoke with him.

Comment

Originally posted by ddmm View Post
                      Mountain lion sighting on our ranch crossing a pasture in mills county, near Goldthwaite this evening.
                      One of our cows has a big chunk taken out of its front shoulder. Appears to be a possible attack from this mountain lion.
                      Anyone else seen a mountain lion on your place?
                      What direction from Goldthwaite and how far?

Comment

Several documented sightings in the Granbury area for years now. They are there, we just don't see them and assume any reports are bogus!

Comment

Mountain lion sighting

7 miles north of Goldthwaite off 183

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                            Where bouts in Polk. I've seen and heard them, but it's been about 10 years since my last encounter with one
                            Close to where 350 and 3152 meet.

Comment

Originally posted by cchildress View Post
                              Close to where 350 and 3152 meet.
                              we hunt in the same area, i have not seen any lions but my dad saw 1 in the early 80's. i do see a lot of red fox though, someone posted that they have a similar sound.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                                Polk County?......just as likely an actual woman, actually screaming.
                                Lol maybe. But I know 30 years ago there was a female with kittens in Corrigan. Used to be family land she lived on. We saw here a few times when I was a kid. I'll never forget after we snuck down to set my brother and dad up to hunt, my mom and me walking the road back 10 minutes later there were cat tracks in our tracks. My mom took her shotgun off safety and told me I didn't have to be quite anymore. I was about 5 and had never seen her scared white before.

Comment

Working...
                                X