Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cat View Post
    Good subject Courtney!

I started because for a female I am not much of a shopper. When my guys were gone on the weekend hunting, I got tired of sitting at home alone. i sure am glad boredom led to this!
    No kidding, Cat! Sitting at home wouldn't work for me, either.

Comment

My first deer was with a bow. I used to go to the archery tournaments in college station when I was little with my family. Not sure why or how it worked out that my first deer was like that, but I am glad it was. Its just a whole different game. I dont know if its the added sense of accomplishment at the end of the day, or just the excitement being up close and personal to them. Either way, Bow hunting is my top choice.

Comment

My Dad's fault,about 18 years ago!

Comment

I also gun hunted when I first started hunting. So far that is all I have taken deer with. My dad got me into bow hunting when I was about 12. That's the way he learned how to hunt so he got me a bear bow for my first bow. I practiced all the time and when I got bigger I kept getting a bigger bow. Now I am only hunting with my bow this season in hopes to take my first bow deer. I am liking the challenge and I have learned a lot from TBH!

Brandon

Comment

Exhibition

As a kid I watched and read everything I could about hunting. When I was about ten yrs old I saw an outdoor show with Fred Bear shooting an arrow through 6 sandbags and bust the piece of glass behind. The 30-06 failed to penetrate the same six bags. I always had a recurve as a kid and terrorized everthing and every body in the neighborhood. Even hit the neighbor lady in the leg one time. We were "dumb" enough to shoot arrows straight up in the air and "dodge" them on the way down.

My brothers and I grew up hunting with dogs in the Big Thicket south of
            Kountze. I thought that was the only way to hunt deer.

I came back from Nam in "71" and decided I was tired of shooting rifles and have bowhunted ever since. I'm no "purist" and will pick up the rifle nowadays.

I learned how to "hunt" whitetails after I started bowhunting.

Comment

Sika, I am very much like you for the first year or two. I had an uncle that Bow Hunted with all his friend back home where I was born. Unfortunately i was just too young to go with them, they did not only hunt, they also use those funny Smokes that makes you feel weird. He told me that is to covey their cents while hunting. And yes,I do thank him for not taking me so, and please don't get me wrong I do love my unc unfortunately,he is now with the good man above and I do miss him so. Now I am in the States, and here is where I met my native wife for 25 years now (1/2Cherokee and 1/2 Sou) oops did I spell that right? :O) There are 11 bro & sis in her family that grow up on hunting and fishing. I hunted with her bro for over 20+ years and unfortunately he is also with the good man above and yes, I also miss him so.
              He is also one of the reason why i continued these quest for outdoor, I do not only love it, it brings me back home where I was born and was also old enough to understand about our natures. We Hunters are not out for blood, we help conserve the nature. You asked !!!

Comment

I spotted Courtney shooting with her Dad John, a bunch of years ago, and I realized......DARN I'VE BEEN SHOOTING AWHILE......BUT DARN SIKA CAUGHT UP WITH ME!!!!!!! LMAO!!!!

Court way cool then and way cool now!!!!!!!

Comment

Just got burned out on gun hunting...and it was making me an alcoholic ;0

Comment

Well, shooting competitvely and rifle hunting all over the US and the world for many years I had it all pretty much under control. I love the intricacy of ballistics, and the mechanics of shootings.

One day I was at Cabelas in Ft Worth and tried a bow out. I thought it would be fairly difficult; but it certainly was not. The skill set needed to shoot a bow dovetailed beautifully with the skill set of shooting a rifle. As far as hunting style goes; mine didn't change that much because I had always hunted "up close and personal".

So once I figured out it wasn't that difficult I started looking at bows and at the same time realized how much it extended my hunting season. It seemed a no brainer!

I could also shoot in my backyard, something I couldn't do with a rifle which gave me something to do during the week; especially then when I was in school. Besides, it's silent which is pretty cool.

Wish I had my bow here in Austria, but then where the hell would I shoot it? I plan on spending a lot of time shooting it in Colorado when I'm home over Christmas. Also going to try to make it out to a 3D range while I'm in Dallas.

Comment

Trophy7 got me back into bowhunting 5 years ago. Smoke pole was not a challange , and I had quit hunting 11 years ago.

Comment

Working...
                      X