No announcement yet.

Texas rut predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the Ecological Areas Map, what's with the dark area east of # 5 and the dark area in the western pan handle?

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
      Same in Coleman county. Peaks around the 15-17th. It's good from about the 10th-20th
      We have video of Bucks breeding the week of Thanksgiving in southern Coleman county.

Comment

north east texas it starts kicking in late October till early December , but the heavy action is right after Halloween

Comment

I'm trying to figure out my area in Williamson county at lake Georgetown, Austin TX. I missed last year and want to learn about this. Anyone hunt this area have info to help me out. I need all the help...lol

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
            Not my experience, late December around Christmas is when things get good.

Tell your deer to send mine that memo, I've got 14 days off with Christmas being in the middle. I'd love for you to be right this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Done, I also threw in a prayer for temps in the 30's with light drizzle while I was there. Let me know how I did...

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
              Tell your deer to send mine that memo, I've got 14 days off with Christmas being in the middle. I'd love for you to be right this year.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterSanders View Post
                Rut is almost irrelevant for us in Chambers, Liberty, Hardin co. We catch the tail end of it this weekend.
                Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                Same with Matagorda Ft.Bend and Brazoria...most are almost done by now

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
                Yep. I expect my place in Brazoria Cty to be done or almost done come this weekend. Saw 2 bucks locked in with does 2 weeks ago...

Comment

Originally posted by Maui-diver View Post
                  I'm trying to figure out my area in Williamson county at lake Georgetown, Austin TX. I missed last year and want to learn about this. Anyone hunt this area have info to help me out. I need all the help...lol
                  I'm live in Oatmeal which isn't all that far. Around the 2nd/3rd week you will start seeing some activity

Comment

Anybody have any ideas when Rocksprings is or around the time. Its my first year hunting here.

Comment

Red river county past 3 years rut was in November

Comment

Based on the moon....thats a fact jack !

Comment

Action starts picking up at my lease around Thanksgiving. It got really hot and heavy last year near the 18th of December. Not sure if this was the so-called second rut, but the bigger bucks were in high gear.

Year before last, the first weekend in December I watched a buck chasing a doe. He worked here like a cutting horse. It was fun to watch. same thing happened this past year only it was the weekend before Christmas an they were running crazy.

Comment

Orange, Jefferson counties rut was last week. First one any way.

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
                              Done, I also threw in a prayer for temps in the 30's with light drizzle while I was there. Let me know how I did...

Will do for sure, if you get in a bind down there shoot me a pm I'll most likely be there every weekend and a bunch of Wednesday's too

Comment

I'm predicting that its the same as every year. The week I can't make it out there!

Comment

Working...
                                X