No announcement yet.

Breaking the Snuff Habit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 cans a day for 25yrs. Got pneumonia back in June, could not dip for about ten days. It was out of my system and made up my mind I was not going to buy another can. Snuff free since.

Comment

I quit cold turkey the 18th of October last year don't even think about it anymore until I see a buddy or cousin

Comment

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post
        Good Luck. Coffee and sunflower seeds helped me.
        Same
        Last edited by Lone_Wolf; 03-31-2017, 11:15 AM.

Comment

I've quit twice now. It's been almost 5 years this time. I get the smokey mountain snuff sometimes during hunting season, but it only makes me want the real thing. Good luck. The first time I quit, I used the ground beef jerky in a can to quit. This past time, I went cold turkey.

Comment

Good luck.

Comment

Good for you! Keep it up!

Comment

Good luck!

Cold turkey 4 or 5 times But my last stint is going on about 8 years

Comment

Take the money that you buy snuff with and every time that you would buy snuff put that money in a jar. Save it up until you can buy a gun,bow, or whatever and use it for that. That way you have a win at the end. I've been snuff free since January 1st 2015. Need to have a win once in a while and you will stick with it.

Comment

I quit 8.5 years ago. What caused more problems for me was not having snuff if I wanted a dip. For about two weeks I carried a can with one dip left in it everywhere. Then I carried an empty one for a week after that. Even all this time later I still have dreams about dipping. I wake up mad at myself for starting back. Keep it up.

Comment

I quit April 2 1996 after 22 years of dipping. Used the fake snuff for 2 cans then that was it. Hard for a while but don't have any urges now. Stay at it. It is worth quitting.

Comment

Awesome Never Give Up!!!! I dipped for over 20 years and quit cold turkey a little over 20 years ago. The second hardest thing I ever did.. You won't regret quitting.... Prayers for you brother cause it is hard..

Comment

Originally posted by Dakota7493 View Post
                          I'm lucky cause the one and only time I tried it in high school it made me sick as a dog. Never touched it since.
                          ^^^Pansy.....I swallowed my one and only dip at a party in high school and wanted no more.

To the op, good luck sir

Comment

Michael, I am very happy for you and for all the rest of you fellows that have successfully quit this nasty habit. I have been dipping Cope for 46 years now. Several years ago I tried Chantix and it worked like a charm for me. I stopped dipping for over a year. Cravings were gone but I just like it too much and I started again. Obviously, y'all are stronger than me.

Comment

Originally posted by Dakota7493 View Post
                              I'm lucky cause the one and only time I tried it in high school it made me sick as a dog. Never touched it since.
                              This. Still remember feeling like I was on a Merry Go Round

Comment

I've quit......................several, several times. I even quit once for more than 5 years before starting back. I've been able to cut way down...but long car trips, deer stands and boats are my weakness.

Comment

Working...
                                X