Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
    Well, I guess if you have to ask.......
    i didnt want to make assumptions but i figured this much.

i do find it ironic that kids can tear up my property, poach my game, shoot my cattle and me voicing a negative opinion about those kids makes me the elitist ahole.

this is the same mentality that the democrats use to sympathize with muslim terrorist and somehow im the racist ahole when i call them out!

(shots fired!)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by texasnavy05 View Post
      i didnt want to make assumptions but i figured this much.

i do find it ironic that kids can tear up my property, poach my game, shoot my cattle and me voicing a negative opinion about those kids makes me the elitist ahole.

this is the same mentality that the democrats use to sympathize with muslim terrorist and somehow im the racist ahole when i call them out!

(shots fired!)

But you are making assumptions. You assume that every kid did what you have experienced.

That's also the same mentality of most Democrats. Guns are bad because SOME bad people use guns for crime.
      Last edited by Ironman; 09-28-2016, 09:24 AM.

Comment

But you are making assumptions. You assume that every kid did what you have experienced.

That's also the same mentality of most Democrats. Guns are bad because SOME bad people use guns for crime.
        not really the same. every person tresspassing and poaching is doing something illegal wether it is innocent in nature or not. every gun owner is not a law breaker. [emoji106]

read through my posts. im not the ahole. just somebody whos been on bad side of the stick. we actually let people hunt our place free of charge. and if a neighbor kid wants to go shoot squirrels with his 22 im gonna be fine with that. i just want people to ask. is that so dam bad?

Comment

not really the same. every person tresspassing and poaching is doing something illegal wether it is innocent in nature or not. every gun owner is not a law breaker. [emoji106]

read through my posts. im not the ahole. just somebody whos been on bad side of the stick. we actually let people hunt our place free of charge. and if a neighbor kid wants to go shoot squirrels with his 22 im gonna be fine with that. i just want people to ask. is that so dam bad?

Yep. Different places and different times.

The woods we hunted most was a huge hunting club. We knew the people who ran it, so no big deal. Did everything we shoot happen to be legal? Idk, but I had a great time burning up $5.00 bricks of .22lr, I know that.

BTW, spitting on the sidewalk, speeding and not using a turn signal is illegal as well, and I've done all three.

Comment

Yep. Different places and different times.

The woods we hunted most was a huge hunting club. We knew the people who ran it, so no big deal. Did everything we shoot happen to be legal? Idk, but I had a great time burning up $5.00 bricks of .22lr, I know that.
            lets all take a minute and remember the days when 22lr was 5$ a brick. the days when u knew exactly how many pumps your daisy bbgun would take without blowing the seals. and u knew that because your buddy went 1 pump too many and blew his seals and broke his Christmas present.

the days when the bottom of my feet were tougher than my soles.

Comment

lets all take a minute and remember the days when 22lr was 5$ a brick. the days when u knew exactly how many pumps your daisy bbgun would take without blowing the seals. and u knew that because your buddy went 1 pump too many and blew his seals and broke his Christmas present.

the days when the bottom of my feet were tougher than my soles.

highest I ever went was 13 pumps! buddy tried it right after me and blew his out at 12! I stuck to 10 after that! 10 pumps was plenty to take out everything from a squirrel to anew armadillo! Had an old man give us permission to rabbit hunt at night on his property as long as we shot every armadillo we saw. Fun Fact: Armadillos will jump about 5' in the air and fall down dead if you shoot them in the side with 10 pumps from a daisy pellet gun!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

This Thread was good until all the stories stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by fishingsetx View Post
                  highest I ever went was 13 pumps! buddy tried it right after me and blew his out at 12! I stuck to 10 after that! 10 pumps was plenty to take out everything from a squirrel to anew armadillo! Had an old man give us permission to rabbit hunt at night on his property as long as we shot every armadillo we saw. Fun Fact: Armadillos will jump about 5' in the air and fall down dead if you shoot them in the side with 10 pumps from a daisy pellet gun!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
                  You could go past 12-13 if you kept oil with you and oiled the seal.....if you were strong enough to close it.

Comment

Originally posted by COOLDAD1 View Post
                    X2

Comment

Originally posted by takarge View Post
                      X2
                      X3

Comment

Back in the day my dad would tell us

"Y'all don't go over in that old mans field because he will shoot your arse with that rock salt"

Well we went anyway and he shot us with rock salt.. Hurt like hail too.
                        We came home crying and dam near bleeding. It was horrible..

My dad said.
                        "I told you. Now quit crying and go outside and play and don't go back over there again".

We never got in his pasture again.

Can you imagine if that were to happen to a kid today....

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                          Back in the day my dad would tell us

"Y'all don't go over in that old mans field because he will shoot your arse with that rock salt"

Well we went anyway and he shot us with rock salt.. Hurt like hail too.
                          We came home crying and dam near bleeding. It was horrible..

My dad said.
                          "I told you. Now quit crying and go outside and play and don't go back over there again".

We never got in his pasture again.

Can you imagine if that were to happen to a kid today....

Yeah they'd lifeflight the kids and throw the old man under the jail.

When I was a kid I had neighbors on two sides like that.

Comment

We were on vacation one summer in Corpus Christi and I wanted to go fishing on Bob Hall Pier. My cost conscious wife asked if I really needed to buy a fishing license for the few days we were going to be in Corpus. I told her that the money for hunting and fishing licenses went to a good cause, and that I always believed in following fish and game laws.

That evening, I was walking off of the pier after a good afternoon of fishing. A game warden was leaning against his truck parked at the entrance to Bob Hall. He looked me square in the eyes as I said "Good evening, Warden" to him. He nodded and said "have a good night, sir. Please be careful going home." Three guys just behind me didn't get the same treatment. He told all of them that he wanted to look into their coolers, and check their licenses. One of the guys pointed at me and said "What about him? He was fishing next to us and you didn't check him at all!" The Game Warden calmly replied " yeah, cause he's okay, and I don't think you guys are, so let me check your coolers and licenses."

I never complained about paying for a hunting or fishing license before, and I sure don't complain after that incident.

Regards,

Dave

Comment

I grew up hunting land all around me. Mainly hogs, squirrels, rabbits. Property was undivided interest and owners all lived up north and were scattered around. Used to fish the vet's land, but had permission. Kinda harsh to judge an adult for what he did as a kid.

Comment

Originally posted by takarge View Post
                                X2
                                Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
                                X3
                                X4

Comment

Working...
                                X