Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
    I'll go

30 years ago 5 of us shared a house off campus and one nameless individual (who is a State Trooper Now) decided we needed meat for the house and against my better judgment hopped in the truck with him to go do the deed.
    Fortunately we didn't see any in the place we always had before and the only deer that was shot was a deer crossing street sign.
    It took 20 more years before I actually killed my first deer by the way.
    Now that you have confessed your sins, say 20 Hail Mary's and all will be forgiven.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
      Now that you have confessed your sins, say 20 Hail Mary's and all will be forgiven.
      Yes sir... I think my penance was having to wait 20 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
        Yes sir... I think my penance was having to wait 20 years.
        Karma can be like that sometimes. 20 years is a serious sentence though. No time off for good behavior?

Comment

When I was young used to poach all the time...nothing big...doves, ducks and bass. Honestly never knew who's property I was on ....I just went hunting and fishing . We lived about half a mile from an abandoned hunting and fishing club and it was paradise for a young man! Almost got caught several times but I was sly...knew those woods and creeks like no-one else...

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Comment

Managed a ranch in San Saba county near Bend Tx. The county road ran through our lease to the state park. A jeep was pulled off the road in some cedar and I didn't recognize it as one of my hunters vehicles. Walked up to it and saw an open bow case inside and lo and behold the keys in the ignition. Keys left with me, went to the top of the hill and called the game warden on the box phone. We watched the guy load up a deer on the back hitch hauler later that afternoon and then jump in to start up his jeep. He then proceeded to jump out and start looking for his keys on the ground, under his seats, patting his pockets until we drove down and ask if he lost these. He claimed he knew the ranch manager and had permission. Of course I introduced myself and his mouth fell open. He then proceeded to spill the beans.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
              and then?

A porcupine came and asked me what I was eating

Comment

Went on a hunting trip with a buddy early teal season it was baited but I didn't know that after shooting a 2 man limit we gathered the stuff and was leaving when the game warden pulled up asked us who baited it and I honestly didn't know it was baited my old buddy said he didn't know it was warden pulled out a camera and had him on video needless to say I got hit with taking one illegal duck, hunting over bait, and restitution... My OLD buddy got hit with no shotgun plug so they took his gun, killing illegal duck x6, hunting over bait, baiting an area I still paid around 800$ he paid 6300$ and didn't even get to keep the dang birds lol i still love duck hunting but I only go on my places I am still embarrassed because I live in a small town and it was in the newspaper about 10 yrs when I was in high school I still catch crap about it every year since then my good buddies get me a corn gift basket for my birthday lol

Comment

Poacher Story's

Click image for larger version

Name:	Poacher.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	24462448

I'm sure this guy was hunting quail. He didn't bother anything. Don't know if he saw the cam, but don't know how he missed it. Maybe, did not even care?
                  Suspect still on the run...[emoji23]
                  Last edited by psicoo; 09-22-2016, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Know lots who have poached deer off the road especially in HS but never tried to get them caught. Did the same as Mexico when we were younger and took off after birds or fish and never really questioned who's place it was. People ***** and moan about it now but then it was kids having fun and staying out of real trouble

Comment

1984 or so a buddy and I drove to his place well before daylight to turkey hunt. As we stood on a high bluff above the Warrior River we heard the unmistakable "thunk" of a paddle hitting an alum boat, followed by someone in the boat "hooting" like and owl to make a turkey gobble. Only turkey woods were on out side of the river so we knew we had turkey poachers in that boat.

We bailed off the bluff to within 200 yards of the river. My buddy stayed back to use his box call to "gobble" back to the poachers while I silently approached the river bank in the very dim morning light. The poachers owled and Willis, my buddy, answered them with a gobble. Here they came straight to the bank, up the muddy slope and right to me. At ten yards I stepped out and said hold it right there. Loudly. Told em to put their guns down. Loudly. Loud enough for my buddy to hear....

Front guy whispers to the other one and shifts his gun. I click my safety off and told him I had four 3" Magnum #2s aimed at him and anything stupid would get him killed. He put his gun down as did his buddy, just as Willis came upon us. I introduced them to the landowner. Smart one in front says "What now, you going to take us to the GW"? Nope I answer, I am the GW and ya'll are under arrest. I always carried a ticket book and a pen on me when off duty hunting.....

Comment

When I was in high school I "heard" you could fit 76 mallards into a pirogue if you used corn as decoys. I also "heard" that if you shoot 127 doves in one afternoon it's hard to load your gun the next morning because your thumb gets really sore. Don't remember who told me that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DTala View Post
                          1984 or so a buddy and I drove to his place well before daylight to turkey hunt. As we stood on a high bluff above the Warrior River we heard the unmistakable "thunk" of a paddle hitting an alum boat, followed by someone in the boat "hooting" like and owl to make a turkey gobble. Only turkey woods were on out side of the river so we knew we had turkey poachers in that boat.

We bailed off the bluff to within 200 yards of the river. My buddy stayed back to use his box call to "gobble" back to the poachers while I silently approached the river bank in the very dim morning light. The poachers owled and Willis, my buddy, answered them with a gobble. Here they came straight to the bank, up the muddy slope and right to me. At ten yards I stepped out and said hold it right there. Loudly. Told em to put their guns down. Loudly. Loud enough for my buddy to hear....

Front guy whispers to the other one and shifts his gun. I click my safety off and told him I had four 3" Magnum #2s aimed at him and anything stupid would get him killed. He put his gun down as did his buddy, just as Willis came upon us. I introduced them to the landowner. Smart one in front says "What now, you going to take us to the GW"? Nope I answer, I am the GW and ya'll are under arrest. I always carried a ticket book and a pen on me when off duty hunting.....
                          BahahahaHa gotta love that ending

Comment

In for more stories.

Comment

I will confess. Never done anything illegal hunting-wise but in college (mid 70's) we did quite a bit of what we called "pond poaching". I had a friend in the student aviation club and he could rent a 150 pretty cheap for a few hours. We flew NW out of Stillwater into Osage County- vast short grass prairie country with huge ranches. It is amazing how many great pieces of water you can see from the air. We marked the good ones on a map and over the next year snuck in to many of them and caught some huge bass - including a 8.5 pounder that is still my biggest. The area was so remote that we never got hassled - until we did. One morning I was casting away at this beautiful 5 acre lake 1/2 mile off the road and an old guy who said he was the landowner rode up on a horse and ran us off at gunpoint. That put an end to our "pond poaching"

Comment

Originally posted by DTala View Post

That's great!

Comment

Working...
                                X