Need Alligator Skinned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by b.latiolais View Post
    I would start looking at asking neighbors or some neighborhood teenagers to come by the house and help you load him in your truck and just take him to the place Bob mentioned. Seems like that should be pretty easy.
    Originally posted by Bisch View Post
    Janik in El Campo is the place to go. I hope you find some folks to help you get him back in the truck!

Bisch
    That's kinda the direction I'm thinking of going. Problem is nobody's home that I know could help. I do have a come along and may give that a shot.

Comment

Thanks for all the offers to help, but I finally got him back in the truck.

Comment

Not sure how much porters in anahuac charges but you should stopped there on your way home and had his guys skin them. They can knock a gator out in about 15 minutes

Comment

Originally posted by johnpaul View Post
          Not sure how much porters in anahuac charges but you should stopped there on your way home and had his guys skin them. They can knock a gator out in about 15 minutes
          I did that 5 years ago and never got my hide back...never again.

Comment

I just took two to Porter's a couple of days ago, and that's my last trip there. Their prices have gone through the roof. They charge $200 per gator to process, and you don't get any meat for that. They charge $5 a pound for meat. Now that $200 does cover shipping and insurance to the tannery, but you still have to pay for the tanning. I asked for my hooks back, and they said that the charge for that is $50 per hook, so I said no thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonH View Post
              Thanks for all the offers to help, but I finally got him back in the truck.
              glad to hear.

Comment

Any advice for hunting at murphree? I'll be gator hunting there the 20th and 21st

Comment

Originally posted by MattTX85 View Post
                  Any advice for hunting at murphree? I'll be gator hunting there the 20th and 21st
                  I'll shoot you a PM in the next day or so. Here's our 3. The smaller one on the right is 7' and is about the average size you can expect.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                    I just took two to Porter's a couple of days ago, and that's my last trip there. Their prices have gone through the roof. They charge $200 per gator to process, and you don't get any meat for that. They charge $5 a pound for meat. Now that $200 does cover shipping and insurance to the tannery, but you still have to pay for the tanning. I asked for my hooks back, and they said that the charge for that is $50 per hook, so I said no thanks.
                    Dang, hate to hear that. We usually just sell the whole gator to porter's so I wasn't sure how much he charged.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonH View Post
                      I did that 5 years ago and never got my hide back...never again.
                      Yea they are a lot of things over there at Porter's but organized is not one of them. They seem to mess up or misplace some of our paper work every year.

Comment

Awesome gators by the way. How big was the one on the left?

Comment

Yea they are a lot of things over there at Porter's but organized is not one of them. They seem to mess up or misplace some of our paper work every year.
                          10'8" and the 9'3" in the middle is the one I got with archery gear.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                            Thanks for the heads up sounds like a joke of a processor to me. Probably saved them a lot of uncomfortable conversation and me a few busted blood vessels .

Comment

First Post.. I'll post an intro in a bit. I'll be in the same quandary hopefully shortly. My gator hunt @ Murphree is 20-21st also. I've gotten bad vibes about Porters as well. I'm guessing there wasn't anyone at the WMA that was willing to help skin. I've heard there was a local that would skin him for you? Amos did mention he was having some health issues. Looking forward to chiming in more here!

Comment

I was told that as well when we called the park. I was hoping that was still an option in case I didn't feel like skinning them myself.

Comment

Working...
                                X