No announcement yet.

PSA- Brown Recluse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We had them in an old house we lived it - it was built in 1904 and had previously been just a weekend getaway for the previous owners. There wasn't a week that went by that we didn't see one. I could spot them in a second. This went on for a couple of years. We fogged under the house, in the attic, and sprayed and fogged the house every 3 months.

The photos above show a dark color, but sometimes they are lighter colored. The legs look spindly and long in real life, but the fiddle is always visible. If you make an OK sign with your forefinger and thumb, you will get the idea of their size.

Comment

I deliver firewood for a couple bbq places as a 2nd job.
      Bottom of the woodpiles have so many.
      They are my biggest concern delivering wood.
      Its a shame how good I've become at spotting them.

And my Krivoblind in the panhandle that sits on the ground year round, full of them.

Prayers up for your friend, I hate those things.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
        A friend of mine was bitten a couple weeks ago and didn't see the doctor right away. By the time he went, it was almost too late ! They only gave him small odds of making it through surgery. He did, and we visited him today in the hospital, where he will be for the next few months. The area that was removed is twenty inches long, fourteen inches wide, and five inches deep.

So, you might want to blow those old shop gloves out or your boots, or anything else you have sitting around before you put them on. This ain't something to mess around with !

Are you talking about Bob Sarrels?

Comment

Prayers up.

I'll start keeping an eye out. Are they inclined to be in certain parts of Texas or pretty much everywhere?

Comment

my solution to anything with 8 legs!! just those two pics give me the heebe jeebies!!! Never been bit that I know of, but I have injured myself pretty good trying to get away from the dang things! even ran a John boat almost completely up on bank after running through a banana spider web!!! prayers up for your friend!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

They are everywhere, Gunny. Every state.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                Are you talking about Bob Sarrels?
                Bob is going to the doc today, finally. He is hurting, but not as bad as the OPs buddy. Spoke with Bob yesterday

Comment

this is why i always check under the toilet lid at the lease before I do my morning duties.

Comment

Originally posted by IDFWU View Post
                    this is why i always check under the toilet lid at the lease before I do my morning duties.
                    Yeah I would too

Especially after the patient we had a few years ago that we had to cancel because he was recovering from a spider bite.
                    Got to talking to him and he had been bitten on the scrotum in the outhouse at the deer lease by a black widow
                    No joke

Comment

Originally posted by KR-oldmexico View Post
                      Would love to see the pics! Prayers for your friend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Please don't!
                      If you want to see what they look like, google <brown recluse bite> and select images. There's enough to turn your stomach.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill in San Jose View Post
                        Please don't!

If you want to see what they look like, google <brown recluse bite> and select images. There's enough to turn your stomach.

LOL! Yes sir sorry!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                        X