No announcement yet.

Unclefish Colorado 2016 Elk and Deer Live Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our outfitter texted last night (we start hunting Tuesday) and said mosquitos are the worse he's ever seen. Just crazy. Not looking forward to that. But he did lay eyes on bulls walking right pasts where he wants to set us up. Hopefully they stay.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
      Our outfitter texted last night (we start hunting Tuesday) and said mosquitos are the worse he's ever seen. Just crazy. Not looking forward to that. But he did lay eyes on bulls walking right pasts where he wants to set us up. Hopefully they stay.
      That's very encouraging. Hopefully they can drive to your dead bull and you won't have to pack one out with your back.[emoji2]

Sent from my GS7

Comment

Eerily quiet here. I tried a few light locator bugles to see if I could go after one but got nada.

Sent from my GS7

Comment

Fixing to make a move up a little hill to a big aspen grove (see pic below). See if anything is going on up there.

Sent from my GS7

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
            That's very encouraging. Hopefully they can drive to your dead bull and you won't have to pack one out with your back.[emoji2]

Sent from my GS7
            I paid too much to be packing! I might have them carry my bow. =)

Comment

Glassing this rim and just heard 3 bugles respond to mine. LONG ways off.

Sent from my GS7

Comment

Well it Dang Sure don't Get any Prettier than That. Good Luck to all and Thanks for Sharing your hunt with us

Comment

Good news. Head that way!

Comment

Yeah I got to figure how to get down it. They have stopped bugling but I know the general direction. I will head down there and get ready for the evening hunt there.

Sent from my GS7

Comment

Still haven't seen them from my glassing spot so I'm sure they are bedded up in the thick stuff.

Sent from my GS7

Comment

Ok here's the plan. I'm hanging out on the rim just chilling til this afternoon. My brother James is gonna join me about 3pm and we will drop down in and be there when they hopefully fire up.

Sent from my GS7

Comment

good plan! watch the wind.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                            good plan! watch the wind.
                            Yep right now it's constant. But it swirls so much here it might end up being a crap shoot.

At least we will be on the good side of the elk right now when we drop down.[emoji2]

Sent from my GS7

Comment

Cool. Good Luck

Comment

Valley I'm glassing right now. One or two of these bulls should be doable if they give us their location this evening.

Sent from my GS7

Comment

Working...
                                X