No announcement yet.

Which is better 4H or FFA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My son has done both since 7th grade with Jr FFA.. He is now the President of his FFA and one of his 4H clubs. He shows animals under both as he wants to split his time. If you have good Ag teachers and 4H advisers you will have a blast. to date 4H and Swine quiz bowl in San Antonio where he was 2nd gained him a $10k scholarship last year.

Comment

A lot of towns have a Jr. FFA program as well so there isn't a need to wait until high school. My daughter did both as well because we felt it would look better on college resume's. But as mentioned, we felt more opportunities for awards were through the 4-H. That being said, I'm sure a top notch FFA program will have just as much. Our high school didn't see FFA as a priority. My daughter is a sophomore at A&M now spending the over $70,000 she won showing steers.

Comment

Originally posted by stinkbelly View Post
        I think we will have him sign up for FFA along with 4H.
        They both offer great things, so both get my vote

Comment

For showing, it probably depends most on the local program. For leadership and personal development, I don't believe there is any youth organization that comes close to FFA. If they are in FFA, encourage them to get involved in the leadership events and camps.

Comment

Absolutely both if available. I did not have FFA in south Louisiana but was 4-H for 8 years ..........loved it. I did collegiate FFA and loved it also.

Comment

I did both. They offer different opportunities. I just went what interested me and showed animals for both. My Ag teacher didn't gripe "too" much when I had to leave for 4H.

Comment

Working...
              X