No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL 2016/17 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MAN!!! Y'all are bringin' some genuine mossy backs out the woods!! What a year for these East Texas woods!

And Ryan, You just whoop it up with your bride for shooting a deer! Ain't nuthin' wrong with shootin' a button buck. It happens. Heck, when I first started bow hunting over 40 years ago, I shot one for a doe! Talk about a ribbin'!!! How the heck do you shoot a button at 20 yards!!

Comment

In for a quick Thursday hunt. Porch thermometer said 29. Phone says 42. Quiet as a popcorn fart with just a hint of a nw wind

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
        In for a quick Thursday hunt. Porch thermometer said 29. Phone says 42. Quiet as a popcorn fart with just a hint of a nw wind

Good luck sir. I'll be the silver streak doing 100mph up 59 this evening for an all day sit tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

All the rain we had in east texas this year and these timely cold fronts in are surely helping some big ones getting killed. I believe December will be even better

Comment

Originally posted by Easttxhunterr View Post
            Good luck sir. I'll be the silver streak doing 100mph up 59 this evening for an all day sit tomorrow

Pack a rain coat!

Probably skipping this weekend due to weather and kiddo school functions. Weather is the reason I'm here today. Feeders are low and weren't going to make it 2 weeks. 6 pt and some does all grazed plots and by passed corn

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
              Pack a rain coat!

Probably skipping this weekend due to weather and kiddo school functions. Weather is the reason I'm here today. Feeders are low and weren't going to make it 2 weeks. 6 pt and some does all grazed plots and by passed corn

Pigs all over my area. They were camped out last night when I came to put out hand corn. About 15 babies and a sow. Been hearing them squeal all morning. A young buck strolled by around 8:15

Comment

No hunting for me this weekend... first Christmas party of the season tonight, wedding tomorrow (was supposed to be an outdoor event, bet that don't happen), church on Sunday...
                Y'all "shoot a biggun!" I'll be followin' along from here...

Comment

No hunting. Finishing up rough draft for masters thesis. Shoot me.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Got one of my target bucks on the 21st. Definitely one of our dominant bucks. Big ol body (for Magnolia) and some good mass to him. Got a few nicer deer with lots more tine length but he has the most mass. Pretty fun when it all works out. Pics from this summer then nothing until he showed up. Had to hop out of the stand and try to beat the sun. Spotted him at 800 or so and knew he wouldn't make it to me in time. Just have to take a chance some times.

Just checked the cam for the first time since October and he had shown back up.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthTX1911 View Post
                      Got one of my target bucks on the 21st. Definitely one of our dominant bucks. Big ol body (for Magnolia) and some good mass to him. Got a few nicer deer with lots more tine length but he has the most mass. Pretty fun when it all works out. Pics from this summer then nothing until he showed up. Had to hop out of the stand and try to beat the sun. Spotted him at 800 or so and knew he wouldn't make it to me in time. Just have to take a chance some times.

Just checked the cam for the first time since October and he had shown back up.

Congrats on a great buck!

Comment

Originally posted by BJ DUPLECHAIN View Post

Great deer.

Comment

Originally posted by aggiehunter3 View Post
                          Great deer.

Originally posted by BJ DUPLECHAIN View Post

Thanks!

Comment

I havent been around much lately. Bucks here are grouping up nicely. Hitting corn a little in y sanctuaries and hammering food plots. A couple of my hit listers are already home but showing at night with bachaelor groups. One nice buck that i had walked a couple times got an eye punched out on the last rut around the 19th. cant decide what to do. He is 6 and took a big jump from last year for the first time. i figured we would walk him another year as he is really local and see if he gets another jump.. Now Im just not sure..
                            Attached Files

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1404.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	24474107
                              You can probably barely make him out but KAP!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                                I havent been around much lately. Bucks here are grouping up nicely. Hitting corn a little in y sanctuaries and hammering food plots. A couple of my hit listers are already home but showing at night with bachaelor groups. One nice buck that i had walked a couple times got an eye punched out on the last rut around the 19th. cant decide what to do. He is 6 and took a big jump from last year for the first time. i figured we would walk him another year as he is really local and see if he gets another jump.. Now Im just not sure..
                                That's a shame. I'd almost afraid to let him go. Coyotes could get him just well.

Comment

Working...
                                X