No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL 2016/17 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had one come supervise some wasp killing.

And it's sideways, wasp had the upper hand.
    Attached Files

Comment

Johnny, what a classic pic right there!! Ol' GarGuy has a way with words for sure, but he's pretty dang good with framin' a pic too!!

They do grow up fast! We've "watched" Colton grow up here on the GS, and it's been fun so far too! A son to be very proud of. What a hunter! ...now if you could just teach him how to play baseball!!

Comment

Here is Brad's (..Ambush..) DCNF buck and thread of the story to go along with it.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
          Here is Brad's (..Ambush..) DCNF buck and thread of the story to go along with it.

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...d.php?t=617868
          This deer just makes all the other BBD stories on here kinda feel "meh" right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...d.php?t=617868
            Nice buck!!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Last football Friday will be in the stand Saturday afternoon. Can't wait, haven't waited this long to hunt in many years

Comment

Starting to see signs of rut in Hopkins county. I saw pictures yesterday of two smaller bucks chasing a doe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

OFFICIAL 2016/17 East Texas Hunting Thread

Blanked all weekend again here in Anderson county. Not a picture of a deer since the 18th at corn and only a few pictures on our cams on trails. I don't know where all the deer went. Scrapes and rubs all over but no deer in sight.

Comment

Originally posted by coffmanbr1 View Post
                    Blanked all weekend again here in Anderson county. Not a picture of a deer since the 18th at corn and only a few pictures on our cams on trails. I don't know where all the deer went. Scrapes and rubs all over but no deer in sight.

Move your cameras to scrapes and turn them on video

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
                      Move your cameras to scrapes and turn them on video

No kidding! I saw twelve deer Sunday evening. I could see a feeder from where I was hunting and not one deer went there. Two mature bucks too.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                        No kidding! I saw twelve deer Sunday evening. I could see a feeder from where I was hunting and not one deer went there. Two mature bucks too.
                        Yeap. The legal bucks spotted this past weekend skirted feeders. Pop watched "a good one" watch does under a feeder and never got close enough. He did it Saturday and Sunday morning

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                          I've got a camera over a scrape that popped up. Had 4 different bucks visit it in the last week. They're all young but that's ok. It's about to get real prime.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                            I've got a camera over a scrape that popped up. Had 4 different bucks visit it in the last week. They're all young but that's ok. It's about to get real prime.
                            I got the same. Only 1 lease legal deer (4.5) working the scrape but it's his area so I figured he would be a constant there. Around 5 other 3.5 and younger bucks visiting and even fighting at that scrape. The old dominant buck in my area hasn't hit any of the scrapes I've had cams at yet. Should be any day.

Comment

It's been one of the slowest seasons so far for me out of the 13 years I've been hunting in Houston County. I'm still only getting night pics of bucks hitting my sweet feed at the protein feeder. The last time I was up there I moved my cameras to scrapes so we'll see what's been happening up there. I'm headed out after church tomorrow night and will be hunting Thursday, Friday and Saturday. I'm abandoning feeders this weekend and I'm going to sit on a travel route in a natural funnel that has been known to be hot this time of year...we'll see

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                                Yeap. The legal bucks spotted this past weekend skirted feeders. Pop watched "a good one" watch does under a feeder and never got close enough. He did it Saturday and Sunday morning
                                I held a kid off a 5 or 6 year old 8pt that would have been a dream deer for him. We had a stud chasing a doe though...just never stopped.

Comment

Working...
                                X