No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL 2016/17 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anybody have a hunting report for San Augustine Co? I scheduled my vacation for the second week of November to be in the thick of the rut. Wondering if I may have set it for the wrong week. Just wondering what y'alls opinion is. Thanks!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BlakeS View Post
      Yea i have off till November 2nd been off for a few days now haven't seen much hope to see more and after the 2nd I'll be on shutdown just hope to get a deer by then

Halloween has always been a good time to take a nice buck in Polk, last year we connected on Nov 3, but we have consistently harvested right around Halloween back to the 80's. If we can get another weather cycle should shape up to be a great couple of weeks.

Comment

Last year I seen a lot of movement around Halloween and first week of rifle season. I killed my target buck after relocating him on Nov 10th and killing him the 11th after being busted in late October by him on not seeng him again till then. I get back from the rig the 3rd and plan on hunting 14 days straight or till I connect with one!

Comment

Originally posted by BlakeS View Post
          I haven't seen the rut yet in Polk county, seven oaks has anyone else?

I'm in seven oaks as well. I haven't hunted yet this season because it seemed there was almost no activity last year till Halloween weekend and opening weekend. Plus I sweat my *** off every weekend I went last year till opening weekend. I ended up hunting in my asat leafy suit and underwear last year it was so hot and not much of a breeze.

I'll be there Thursday night through Monday morning this weekend hoping to connect on my target buck. Then I'll head back opening weekend with the wife and kids to hopefully get a doe off the feeder.

Comment

I'm just waiting on this football season to end. Been at the fieldhouse all weekend since the season started and haven't had a chance to get my bow out of the house much less in a stand. Those are some great looking deer hopefully I can join sometime soon.

Comment

A drop tine buck I passed on last year has grown up.

Comment

Any reports from Trinity County in the Groveton area?

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
                  Well if you ask GarGuy, who is bona fide slayer of big, mature bucks, the best of it happened this past week/weekend. I personally have not seen hide or hair of any rut activity to speak of, nor has anyone else on my lease.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                    pic for now, story later
                    Wow! Nice WIDE buck. Congratulations!!

Comment

I don't know about Trinity County but bucks were chasing big time in Houston County this weekend. This is the earliest that I have seen this in the 13 seasons I have been hunting up there.

Comment

No one on our lease nor myself seen anything that resembled rut starting. Few scrapes here and there; does are still coming in to feed areas like normal with no change in pattern. I'm about 10 miles south of Groveton in Trinity County. That could've changed by now since Sunday.

Comment

I am about 5 miles south of Apple Springs in trinity county and hunted all last wknd and ddnt see much rutting activity.. Hoping for more action this coming wknd

Comment

Originally posted by SquirrelDrops80 View Post
                            Has anyone seen any activity this past week in Anderson County?

Bucks are cruising good. Not coming to corn at all. Any of the deer. Saw multiple bucks every sit I made up in Palestine on the river.

Comment

I saw a little stick-horn spike just wearin' out the does who were tryin' to pick up acorns in the flat I was hunting... not much else. No bigguns chasing. The buck I shot had very dark hocks and stunk like a ruttin' buck, but he was as calm as ever and just walked right into the feeder area and started eating... BIG mistake for him!

Comment

Originally posted by stickemhard3 View Post
                                No one on our lease nor myself seen anything that resembled rut starting. Few scrapes here and there; does are still coming in to feed areas like normal with no change in pattern. I'm about 10 miles south of Groveton in Trinity County. That could've changed by now since Sunday.
                                Thats good news, at least for my situation. My vacation starts Nov 3rd-9th.
                                They should be wide open by then i would imagine

Comment

Working...
                                X