Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

OFFICIAL 2016/17 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am in but I am way behind......We lost our lease in Kerr county and I will be heading down this weekend to pick our first load of equipment. Barring major malfunctions I hope to have at least 3 of my feeders setup in Van Zandt county by night fall on Sunday. 2 of the places have never had a feeder on them before. The other one has had one there a couple of times but at all 3 the thought of a feeder equaling corn will probably take a while to get going. If I get any interesting pictures I will be sure to post them but I expect only a few does, a small buck or two, and lots of hogs.

-john

Comment

John, I remember years ago when we put our first feeders up out West, the corn lay on the ground and sprouted and started to grow!! It wasn't until the deer started to eat the small green corn plant blades did they figure out that those little rocks with weeds growing out of them were pretty tasty themselves... Didn't have a coon problem for several years... Times have sure changed now though!!!

Good luck!

Comment

In ! Looks good in my part of East TX. Wood Co.

Comment

I'm in. I hunt in San Jacinto county near Point Blank. I've got 2 feeders going and getting lots of pictures of deer and hogs.
          I'll also be planting my fall food plots in about a month. Hope everyone has a good year!!

Comment

In for the mud and the blood and the tears

Comment

Originally posted by woodsman View Post
              Mud n tears, I've already got... hope to get some blood here in just over a month too!!

Comment

Originally posted by woodsman View Post
                That about sums it up.

Alright, glad to see people chiming in. I have a lot of young stuff showing up on my wood line behind my house..lots of does, fawns and young bucks. For the ones that followed the thread from last hunting season, y'all know we were after a certain buck during the entire season. He only appeared twice in day light. Once 2 days before the general season and late in the evening on the last day of general season. He was all over the trail cam throughout the entire season. We call him "Honky".

Click image for larger version

Name:	bigboy4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	24458164

Click image for larger version

Name:	PRMS0036.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	24458165

My dad lives 100 yards down the road and we overlook the same wood line. A few weeks back one morning, he saw two big mature bucks come out back in the woods on a trail...he said both were shooters and one looked similar to Honky. They did not come into the gravity feeder I had out. I recently took the gravity feeder out and got a camera over some hand thrown corn. The hunt for Honky continues...

Comment

Im in, Cherokee County for me and my boys. Just put cameras out on Sunday. can't wait to see what they have on em in a couple of weeks.

Comment

I'm in Johnny. Baseball is over, Football beginning, velvet getting stripped!
                    Polk and Tyler counties

Comment

Found a fresh rub yesterday. It's getting close.

Comment

In!
                        Heading up to Red River Co today after work. Two weeks ago, we put pens around two of our feeders, to keep the hogs out. Ready to see how well they work, and if the deer action has picked up at them. Also putting out two new bow blinds that we just built.
                        Come on October!!!

Comment

Originally posted by texas shag View Post
                          I am in. I hunt on the fringe of East Texas in northwest Anderson county. So far I have a nice bachelor group of young bucks hanging out at our feeders, but two of our mature bucks that I know made it thru the season haven't shown back up. It is so green our deer aren't forced to come to feed, and I don't have any cameras up on trails to bedding areas yet.

Good luck to everybody this year.
                          I think your the one I hunt near, the water finally receded around the first week of August on our place from the Ocotober floods. 200 acres out of 275 were 8' under water. All we can do is plant some FP and hope.

Comment

In...going to be a GREAT year!

Comment

Hey everyone I'm Sonny! Im in!

My dad and I are hunting a thick 200 acres in NE Anderson county of Brushy Creek. I have had cameras out for about a month now and had nothing but Does and Fawns.

Look forward to seeing how the year develops.

Comment

Hooah! I'm ready to get going, my bucks in Cass and Marion Counties started stripping velvet this past week. Only one buck I'm really after so far though. Hope it's a good year although my prime areas are flooded already.....

Comment

Working...
                                X