Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

OFFICIAL 2016/17 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d_e_smith View Post
    Any of you fellas go South through Livingston Sunday evening in a silver F150 with a sticker?

I went through Livingston Sunday around 9-9:30 in a silver/charcoal F150. Have a come and take it sticker as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by marshhunter View Post
      I went through Livingston Sunday around 9-9:30 in a silver/charcoal F150. Have a come and take it sticker as well.

This was probably closer to 6.

Comment

I was still in the stand at 6! Twasnt me!

Comment

OFFICIAL 2016/17 East Texas Hunting Thread

Originally posted by MedikDave View Post
          Here's my Dad's spike from last night. He's got some good weight to him. We're lucky we found him as quick as we did. There was no blood trail. My brother was on his way from Dayton with his Lab, so we were able to call him and save him some gas and sleep.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

Who's your brother from Dayton. I grew up there

Last edited by Pineywoodkiller; 10-04-2016, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoodkiller View Post
            Who's your brother from Dayton. I grew up there

He's not from there, he just lives there. I was born here, but we're Air Force brats from day one.

Comment

He's not from there, he just lives there. I was born here, but we're Air Force brats from day one.

10-4

Comment

We saw deer at least. I sent one arrow down range only to have the doe duck the arrow. It didn't help that it was a long (for me) shot of 45 yrds. I held low on my 50 yrd pin, but not low enough.
                My GF dry fired her bow and popped the string off the cams. She now understands why I always tell her to NEVER pull on an unloaded bow.
                Good weekend overall though.

Comment

Super buck Johnny

Comment

If everything works out, I should make my first hunt Saturday morning... looks like I'll have favorable winds, and it should be cool enough for a walk in without being a sweat ball by the time I get to my stand... First animal that is shootable that presents itself will get an arra run thru it! I'm ready to kill something!

Comment

Will be back in the stand Thursday afternoon thru Sunday. Hoping the deer movement picks up for me

Comment

Here's my Dad's spike from last night. He's got some good weight to him. We're lucky we found him as quick as we did. There was no blood trail. My brother was on his way from Dayton with his Lab, so we were able to call him and save him some gas and sleep.

Y'all didn't need to preg check him, I coulda told you he wasn't pregnant!

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                          Stay away from anything with polyester. Smoke may be your best covet scent. I have used a coffee can and burned leaves in my popup. I have also have left clothes at stand in empty corn sack to change, put what I walked in with in bag. Carry wet wash rag.
                          Those are some good tips! Esp. the extra clothes and wash rag. Last year I stripped down to my skivies to change when i got in my pop up and 3 does came in before I could get dressed so I had to sit there for the better part of an hour before I could move. Talk about feeling exposed in the deer blind! Haha. I'm glad the mosquitoes weren't out yet or I would've been in REAL bad shape!

Comment

What do y'all think about the age of these two bucks? I'm back and forth...

My posts start within the last 10 of the whole thread. Around No. 3,198 I think? Figured this was easier than posting all the pics again thru tapatalk..

Comment

Tomorrow afternoon will by my first hunt of the year and I'm pumped to say the least. The wind, weather and moon phase are all "just right". Plus I have a couple bucks that are shooters that are stepping out right before dusk 3-4 days a week. I probably won't be able to sleep tonight haha

Comment

It is hot in this tree. I came and corned one of my spot at about 11 and decide I would sit till about 2. Wife has plans for us this evening so I'll have to cut it short.

Comment

Working...
                                X