Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope you have a quick recovery Chew.

Comment

Good luck on the recovery Bobby. The big question is, is the ladder stand OK?

Comment

Better get some good pain meds to go on your Elk hunt with. Get all the rest you can between now and then. Good luck to you.

Comment

Dang Bobby...sorry to hear. You are gonna be a sore puppy for a few days but I guess on the bright side, it could have been a heck of a lot worse. Prayers for good rehab and mending!!

Comment

Heal up brother. Been praying for you.

Comment

Rest up brother, glad things aren't any worse

Comment

Here's the launch platform

Looking down....that's a polaris 550 and trailer for perspective. I bet that fall registered on the Richter Scale in Palestine.

Comment

Dang! I can't even jump off a pickup bed anymore without hurting myself. I bet that jarred the crap out of you. Don't push yourself too hard on the hunt. No elk in the world is worth jacking yourself up permanently for.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                    Dang! I can't even jump off a pickup bed anymore without hurting myself. I bet that jarred the crap out of you. Don't push yourself too hard on the hunt. No elk in the world is worth jacking yourself up permanently for.
                    Yessir. I agree. I'm just hard headed.....and been patiently waiting for a year for this hunt. =)

Comment

Get ya some eucalyptus epsom salt, fill tub with good warm water, add about a cup of the salts and soak twice a day. You will find the epsom salt will relieve the soreness.

Comment

Originally posted by hcshooter View Post
                        Get ya some eucalyptus epsom salt, fill tub with good warm water, add about a cup of the salts and soak twice a day. You will find the epsom salt will relieve the soreness.
                        I can barely stand up. Getting in and out of a tub would involve a winch and heavy duty pulley in a main beam in my attic.

Comment

**** bobby. I was up there yesterday and came home last night. Lemme know when you want a rematch with the wasps. I got wasp napalm and extension ladders

Comment

Sorry to hear this Bobby. Just glad it wasn't worse!
                            Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Missed this...sorry amigo.

I'm allergic to stinging insects & sorta go into some sorta super human freak out mode when I think it's coming...I woulda tried to launch myself to the vehicle & done some damage.

I don't do those type's of set ups any longer...heck, we changed all our feeders to crank ups due to a ladder mishap when filling some years ago. Getting old is painful & humbling sometimes.

Hope everything heals up quick...

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                                I can barely stand up. Getting in and out of a tub would involve a winch and heavy duty pulley in a main beam in my attic.
                                Have tools will travel Ha!

Let me know if ya need anything , No problem to drop it by.

Comment

Working...
                                X