No announcement yet.

Dallas Cowboys 2016 season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, Romo isn't practicing and he's not even a likely to see the field versus the Browns.

Comment

I'll leave this right here....may come in handy for some
      Click image for larger version

Name:	eating-crow.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	24468250

Comment

Good video interview from Dak

Comment

Comment

It's just good that we don't have to rush injuries this year let the players heal and knock the rust off before returning either way it goes we are in a good position future looks bright and the present doesn't look so bad either

Comment

I don't think Dallas has had a good test yet. Even the teams that were supposedly good like Green Bay had very bad games. So what? Well we probably have to play the falcons, Vikings, pats, or broncos to get to and win the Super Bowl. I think any of those teams would give us a good spanking.

Comment

There is a report that Dez cut two fingers while chopping carrots for a soup. Who would have thought Dez cooking in the kitchen...

Comment

Originally posted by niceg3s View Post
                  I don't think Dallas has had a good test yet. Even the teams that were supposedly good like Green Bay had very bad games. So what? Well we probably have to play the falcons, Vikings, pats, or broncos to get to and win the Super Bowl. I think any of those teams would give us a good spanking.
                  Every year in the NFL teams that are thought to be good end up being bad and perceived bad teams end up in the playoffs. You play who's in front of you and you win. The Cowboys may rush for 200 yards against any of those teams you mentioned and whip them. A healthy Romo, if it ever happens, will make this run game that much more dangerous. Like 2014, this Cowboy team may be way better than we all thought coming out of training camp.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                    There is a report that Dez cut two fingers while chopping carrots for a soup. Who would have thought Dez cooking in the kitchen...
                    At least him didn't blow them off!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
                        Every year in the NFL teams that are thought to be good end up being bad and perceived bad teams end up in the playoffs. You play who's in front of you and you win. The Cowboys may rush for 200 yards against any of those teams you mentioned and whip them. A healthy Romo, if it ever happens, will make this run game that much more dangerous. Like 2014, this Cowboy team may be way better than we all thought coming out of training camp.
                        Like 2014, they didn't make it through the playoffs. Wins are great, but if you can't finish, wins only get you a late round draft pick. I'm not worried about rushing for 200 yards. I worry about a QB that picks apart our defense and forces our offense to get into a shootout. Good teams playing well find weaknesses and exploit. Dallas still has a lot of weaknesses. Right now our wins depend on a healthy Zeke and Dak not having to throw for many TD's. It also depends on a low scoring opponent. Luckily, our division and schedule is pretty weak.

Comment

Like 2014, they didn't make it through the playoffs. Wins are great, but if you can't finish, wins only get you a late round draft pick. I'm not worried about rushing for 200 yards. I worry about a QB that picks apart our defense and forces our offense to get into a shootout. Good teams playing well find weaknesses and exploit. Dallas still has a lot of weaknesses. Right now our wins depend on a healthy Zeke and Dak not having to throw for many TD's. It also depends on a low scoring opponent. Luckily, our division and schedule is pretty weak.
                          I concur with this and your earlier post where you mention the Boys have not played a top notch team. It will be interesting to see what happens when that comes about. As far as a high scoring game, that's where I believe Romo's experience would pay dividends. The only issue in my opinion is what happens if Romo's physical ability is no longer there? I personally can't see him taking too many hits or even being landed on by a defensive end and surviving. Part of what made Romo above average was his ability to extend plays and throw passes where a receiver that had been covered finally broke open. I just don't see it being possible for very long. Either way, having two good QBs is a good problem to have. GO BOYS GO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                            I concur with this and your earlier post where you mention the Boys have not played a top notch team. It will be interesting to see what happens when that comes about. As far as a high scoring game, that's where I believe Romo's experience would pay dividends. The only issue in my opinion is what happens if Romo's physical ability is no longer there? I personally can't see him taking too many hits or even being landed on by a defensive end and surviving. Part of what made Romo above average was his ability to extend plays and throw passes where a receiver that had been covered finally broke open. I just don't see it being possible for very long. Either way, having two good QBs is a good problem to have. GO BOYS GO!!!
                            Romo can and has won shootouts. I seriously doubt he can recover as fast as the management would have us believe, and I worry the Romo we would get would not be what we are used to. The first time he takes a big hit, I doubt he gets back up. That being said, I would save him for the playoffs, if we get that far. It's an easy schedule that Dak should be able to get us through to at least a wildcard. There's no point in rushing Tony back.

Comment

Romo can and has won shootouts. I seriously doubt he can recover as fast as the management would have us believe, and I worry the Romo we would get would not be what we are used to. The first time he takes a big hit, I doubt he gets back up. That being said, I would save him for the playoffs, if we get that far. It's an easy schedule that Dak should be able to get us through to at least a wildcard. There's no point in rushing Tony back.
                              Spot on Sir. Great minds think alike

With Romo another serious injury is not a matter of if but rather a matter of when. I agree save him for the playoffs and as a buy able back up if the unthinkable happens and Dak gets hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                                Lol love it! Spot on!

Comment

Working...
                                X