No announcement yet.

Dallas Cowboys 2016 season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jerry Jones has one ace in the hole on his decision.

He is all about money, probably as he should be. If he pulls Prescott there almost certainly be some fans backlash. But if 10,000 fans protest and don't buy standing room only tickets, there will be another 10,000 people ready to take their place. The Cowboys are popular enough that he won't feel the pinch.

His continued stupid moves over the years haven't put a damper on the Cowboys value.

Comment

Adding to the list of other QBs and their (alleged) age limitations after mid 30's..

K.Warner
      B.Favre
      Mark Brunell (led the league in passing in his 17th season WITH THE JETS )
      Earl Morrall
      D.Flutie
      W.Moon

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        I thought this was about your winder liking claim that QBs don't perform after 35. Not Super Bowl wins or HOF. Nice redirect in your narrative though..

Your comprehension of the narrative is off. The question was and is who do you start?

You rail on people for having an opinion but yet refuse to state one yourself.

I think we can all agree that we wanna see the boys win win win!

Comment

Originally posted by flatlander View Post
          All the ability and experience in the world won't do him or the team any good if he can't stay healthy, and he pretty much can't stay healthy. He's broken and has been.

How does it help the team to bring him back in when they are playing so well together? It's doubtful he'd make the rest of the season, he's fragile and he's playing the roughest game on earth.

I agree that he WAS a great quarterback, but I remember watching him stand in the pocket for extended periods of time and still loose football games. He's not Peyton manning, he's not Joe Montana, Tom Brady or John Elway. He never closed the deal and now his body is too fragile to put what's up in head to good use.

He was good. It's past tense now.
          You may be right except for one thing, rarely did he get to stand in the pocket, he also only had two teams that were good, you can't convince me that any other quarterbacks would have done much better with what he had to work with.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
            Jerry Jones has one ace in the hole on his decision.

He is all about money, probably as he should be. If he pulls Prescott there almost certainly be some fans backlash. But if 10,000 fans protest and don't buy standing room only tickets, there will be another 10,000 people ready to take their place. The Cowboys are popular enough that he won't feel the pinch.

His continued stupid moves over the years haven't put a damper on the Cowboys value.
            I don't believe it is about the money, he wants to win, yes he has made some bad decisions, they are the people he hired to help in scouting, coaching, and some bad free agent signings, do you really think Jerry just drafts someone without scouts and coaches opinions ? Highly unlikely, he may be the deciding factor but he does not do draft boards himself. One thing about it, he has the makings of a really good team right now, he has a very good coach and assistants, when they win now I guess Jerry has nothing to do with it, that is what drives me nuts about how some people think,

Comment

Then there were the haters last year...."We need defense. We can get a RB in round ??.....wasted pick at #4. RBs don't have that much affect these days"

After 6 games you're sold, huh?

You're as bad as your "ball watchers".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Dallas Cowboys 2016 season thread

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
                Your comprehension of the narrative is off. The question was and is who do you start?

You rail on people for having an opinion but yet refuse to state one yourself.

I think we can all agree that we wanna see the boys win win win!

Your narrative is Romo is done. Easily comprehended. Nice crawfish....

If I'm on the Dak train like said above long ago and again after you showed up in this thread, who do you think I'm leaning towards? It's not hard.

I like what I see, but I also can't help but ponder that Romo might make it even better due to his experience against more elite defenses. It's a big what if. Is that clear enough?
                Last edited by Smart; 10-19-2016, 07:28 AM.

Comment

Your narrative is Romo is done. Easily comprehended. Nice crawfish....

He's on to you.

Comment

You roll with Dak until the wheels fall off...........or you need a change of pace. Romo may be able to sling a football, but teams have to account for the potential of Dak running the football.

If Romo runs the football, he might shatter into pieces.

Bledsoe to Brady, the hit that changed a franchise.
                    Last edited by Chad C; 10-19-2016, 07:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                      He's on to you.

Do what?

Comment

This thread has been as good as tonights debate .

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
                          This thread has been as good as tonights debate .
                          At least we are talking about a winning record cowboys!!

Comment

Dak should stay the QB as long as he performs like he has....Gives Romo time to completely heal and be in the best shape he can be

Comment

Are we ready for a rusty Romo?
                              Playing time isn't practice, and you know the other teams are going to go after him trying to get into his head.
                              The rust will wear off, but how long will it take, and will the fans put up with it?

Comment

NFL network just reported Dak to start against the Eagles.

Comment

Working...
                                X