Dallas Cowboys 2016 season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
    Thats right everyone else is a winder liker for having an opinin and you are scared to put yours out there...
    If you had been following along all year, you will see that I have been on the Dak bandwagon. I'm just saying yall ballwatchers that blame everything on the QB and don't worry about the other 21 players are something else..

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ballwatcher4.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	24466628

Anyone that know football knows Tony Romo is dine. It has nothing tondo with talent and everything with time. He is old as far as productive nfl qbs go. And PLEASE dont talk about Peyton and his age last year...you will loose all credibility
    I'm good not being credible to ya..... You lost all credibility when you don't take into account the other ten players on offense....or the defense.. There are several QBs that were very productive at and over Tony's 36 years of age. Brady, Peyton pre-neck injury, Elway, Brees, Carson Palmer is still getting it done at 36...Anybody that knows football would know that..
    Last edited by Smart; 10-18-2016, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      If you had been following along all year, you will see that I have been on the Dak bandwagon. I'm just saying yall ballwatchers that blame everything on the QB and don;t worry about the other 21 players are something else..

I'm good not being credible to ya..... You lost all credibility when you don't take into account the other ten 10 players....or the defense.. There are several QBs that were very productive at and over Tony's 36 years of age. Brady, Peyton pre-neck injury, Elway, Brees, Carson Palmer is still getting it done at 36...Anybody that knows football would know that..
      ok I was yanking your chain...but i can see listing romo and palmer...Bree's has ring and did it with FAR LESS.

please don't embarrass HOF like Brady Peyton and elway by drawing any parallels between them and romo )

Just answer...who ya gonna start?

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        ............. yall ballwatchers that blame everything on the QB

[ATTACH]819793[/ATTACH]

It's not that he is on the defense but at crunch time he throws it to the defense so often, it just seems that way.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
          It's not that he is on the defense but at crunch time he throws it to the defense so often, it just seems that way.

I thought it just wasn't gonna say it out loud

jk guys. Really excited for the boys and hope they keep the mojo rolling. Let's just hope a riff in the locker room doesn't get going no and mess things up.

Comment

ok I was yanking your chain...but i can see listing romo and palmer...Bree's has ring and did it with FAR LESS.

please don't embarrass HOF like Brady Peyton and elway by drawing any parallels between them and romo )

Brees did it with far less? The Dallas Cowboys have won a crap load of games since 2006 that they never would of came close to winning without Tommy Romo at QB.

Comment

Originally posted by flatlander View Post
              Tony? Is that you?

You have a lot of confidence in the guy, that's understandable, but everyone knew before Romo was injured that he's fragile. Vegas had a bet running and their estimate was six games. He never made the first snap of the first game.

If and when he is released do you think he can actually be called 'healthy'? He is constantly injured. And we all know it's highly likely that he will be injured again soon. It's only going to take one good hit and every defensive player in the NFL that isn't wearing a Cowboys uniform would be happy to give it to him.
              What is your point, ? If Tony is able he is a better option at quarterback, no doubt, the hell with the future, the NFL is now !

Comment

Thats right everyone else is a winder liker for having an opinin and you are scared to put yours out there...

Anyone that know football knows Tony Romo is dine. It has nothing tondo with talent and everything with time. He is old as far as productive nfl qbs go. And PLEASE dont talk about Peyton and his age last year...you will loose all credibility

Your avatar gives you away
                Really ??? Just ask Bill about Romo, maybe you are smarter, do you coach an NFL team ? just curious.

Comment

Brian Brodass said it best, you do not wait for Dak to fail, if Tony is ready you give him back the reins, the worst thing you could do is yank Dak out after a bad game, let tony play, if he cannot do it then hand it back to Dak, sounds pretty sensible to me.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
                    Really ??? Just ask Bill about Romo, maybe you are smarter, do you coach an NFL team ? just curious.
                    I stayed in a Holiday Inn once...does that count?

Comment

I stayed in a Holiday Inn once...does that count?
                      Evidently not. And to answer your question on who do you start if Romo is 100%,,,, Romo.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrail View Post
                        Evidently not. And to answer your question on who do you start if Romo is 100%,,,, Romo.
                        Absolutely, if Romo can't do it then give it to Dak, pretty simple, My money says Tony will light it up, just don't know for how long.

Comment

Absolutely, if Romo can't do it then give it to Dak, pretty simple, My money says Tony will light it up, just don't know for how long.
                          I have the same feeling and opinion as you. If he comes back healthy and is still physically able to play QB in the NFL then I think he's going to tear it up. If he can't, then welcome back Dak. Either way I'm feeling pretty good about the future at quarterback.

Comment

What is your point, ? If Tony is able he is a better option at quarterback, no doubt, the hell with the future, the NFL is now !
                            All the ability and experience in the world won't do him or the team any good if he can't stay healthy, and he pretty much can't stay healthy. He's broken and has been.

How does it help the team to bring him back in when they are playing so well together? It's doubtful he'd make the rest of the season, he's fragile and he's playing the roughest game on earth.

I agree that he WAS a great quarterback, but I remember watching him stand in the pocket for extended periods of time and still loose football games. He's not Peyton manning, he's not Joe Montana, Tom Brady or John Elway. He never closed the deal and now his body is too fragile to put what's up in head to good use.

He was good. It's past tense now.

Comment

I thought this was about your winder liking claim that QBs don't perform after 35. Not Super Bowl wins or HOF. Nice redirect in your narrative though..

Comment

For the record, I don't care who they start! Just win baby!

Comment

Working...
                                X