Dallas Cowboys 2016 season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wiederhold View Post
    My family has been fans even through the Quincy Carter years. What the boys are doing right now is very impressive. All that I'm saying is that with the way things are going, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    And what if Romo could get this team further in the playoffs? What if Dak gets us one and done? What do you folks that blame the QB for everything do then?

I'm just asking so I know what to expect after the season

Comment

What have you done for me lately!!!!!!!!

If dak goes tona playoff game he has done as much as tony has

Comment

I don't care what they do as long as they keep feeding Zeke that ball. Really him and that offensive line are the key and the reason they are playing so well. When you have a 120 yard season average and have gone 4 straight over 130+ and put up 157 against supposedly the leagues best run defense, it makes everything easier.

Comment

This is the best O line they have had since Tony has been QB in my opinion.... Tony has always had to run for his life while throwing deep.... something I haven't seen dak do yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Irish_25 View Post
            I don't care what they do as long as they keep feeding Zeke that ball. Really him and that offensive line are the key and the reason they are playing so well. When you have a 120 yard season average and have gone 4 straight over 130+ and put up 157 against supposedly the leagues best run defense, it makes everything easier.
            Agreed

I wish I still had all the complaining about Jerry and Stephen taking Olineman with his first round picks.. Tyron Smith, Travis Frederick and Zach Martin....

TBHers were all

"I don't like that pick".... "I can't believe we picked a center when we need ....."

"A guard? Are you kidding me? We need a .......".

Then there were the haters last year...."We need defense. We can get a RB in round ??.....wasted pick at #4. RBs don't have that much affect these days"

Comment

He was able to go to Alabama and LSU and put the hurt on them. Now he has a team to back him up. This boy is the real deal. What a great pickup.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                Agreed

I wish I still had all the complaining about Jerry and Stephen taking Olineman with his first round picks.. Tyron Smith, Travis Frederick and Zach Martin....

TBHers were all

"I don't like that pick".... "I can't believe we picked a center when we need ....."

Then there were the haters last year...."We need defense. We can get a RB in round ??.....wasted pick at #4. RBs don't have that much affect these days"

So who do you start if tony is 💯 and good to go?

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
                  If anybody could handle it Tony could, besides that I know it is a big if but when Tony is healthy he is a better quarterback than Dak is right now, yeah I know Dak can scramble and run the read option and Tony cannot, but Tony can come to the line of scrimmage and call any play in the play book after reading the defense, he can also throw the ball better. I would never cut him to save 5 million against the cap next year unless Dak is for sure the answer, he has not proven that to me yet. It is all just locker room talk now, there is not a person in the world that could say if Tony and Dez go down the Cowboys will be 5-1, and for the folks saying the Cowboys are better without Dez in the line up need to get off the meds, or maybe get on them, lol.
                  Tony? Is that you?

You have a lot of confidence in the guy, that's understandable, but everyone knew before Romo was injured that he's fragile. Vegas had a bet running and their estimate was six games. He never made the first snap of the first game.

If and when he is released do you think he can actually be called 'healthy'? He is constantly injured. And we all know it's highly likely that he will be injured again soon. It's only going to take one good hit and every defensive player in the NFL that isn't wearing a Cowboys uniform would be happy to give it to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
                    So who do you start if tony is 💯 and good to go?

I'm glad Dak is affording Romo the ability to heal properly. The back bones are nothing to jack with. I'm glad I don't have to make the decision on who to start when Tony is healthy. We have no guarantees how far Dak can carry this team and suggesting he could carry them further than Romo is just a WAG! Romo's experience could carry this team further than Dak's youthful ability once they start playing elite level teams and then the same could be said vice versa.. both WAGs. What if Dak gets us to one and done in the playoffs? Do you ballwatchers start calling Dak a loser who couldn't get it done? Is the Dak magic a failure? What if Romo's experience could get us further? Like I said.. I'm glad I don't have to make that decision.

Personally I sure do like watching a more mobile healthy QB extend plays with his legs and not have to worry about every time he gets touched if he's going to get back up. But I also understand Tony has seen it all and there's a lot to be said for experience playing elite levels teams with difficult defensive schemes like Seattle.

It's a great problem to have. I just hope whatever they decide they don't screw it up.

Like I said earlier...

Comment

How bout them Cowboys!

Comment

Romo has to be better than Dak just because of his years of experience and that alone Dak cannot touch.
                        On the other hand, when the body starts to go, the mind with all that wisdom is still there, but it doesn't do any good if it's not on the field.
                        Dak is smart and with his youth he will learn from every game from now on, and he has the body to allow himself to be on the field and be able to perform at a high level while learning.

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
                          How bout them Cowboys!

Comment

Like I said earlier...
                            Thats right everyone else is a winder liker for having an opinin and you are scared to put yours out there...

Anyone that know football knows Tony Romo is dine. It has nothing tondo with talent and everything with time. He is old as far as productive nfl qbs go. And PLEASE dont talk about Peyton and his age last year...you will loose all credibility

Your avatar gives you away
                            Last edited by Death from Above; 10-18-2016, 07:50 PM.

Comment

So what happens when Dak goes into the playoffs and he leads us to one and done? Do you ballwatchers blame it on Dak and start calling him a choker?[emoji849]
                              He'd have tied Romo's record? [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Agreed

TBHers were all

man people here were hating that RB pick

Comment

Working...
                                X