Dallas Cowboys 2016 season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    Trades of that magnitude are all but gone from the NFL. The move is to cut Romo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    yup....but he's still gonna be owed some cap hit money. This below plus his signing bonus would hit the cap.

"Beginning next season, Romo will still have another three years and $73.6 million worth of salary cap hits remaining on his contract . That’s a lot of money. A lot of money and a lot of big decisions to make. If the Cowboys cut Romo before June 1 2017, they would only owe Romo $10.7 million that year, $8.9 million in 2018 and save a wide majority of the $23.7 million for 2019. Essentially speaking, the Cowboys could save about $50 million if they choose to release Romo before June 1, 2017."

Comment

Simmer down boys! Let's get through the season before we go bat **** crazy!!! Lots of good things happening but our boy Romo Is going nowhere any time soon...... go Dak!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        yup....but he's still gonna be owed some cap hit money. This below plus his signing bonus would hit the cap.

"Beginning next season, Romo will still have another three years and $73.6 million worth of salary cap hits remaining on his contract . That’s a lot of money. A lot of money and a lot of big decisions to make. If the Cowboys cut Romo before June 1 2017, they would only owe Romo $10.7 million that year, $8.9 million in 2018 and save a wide majority of the $23.7 million for 2019. Essentially speaking, the Cowboys could save about $50 million if they choose to release Romo before June 1, 2017."

IF he was cut, it would be 19 mil on the cap for each of the next two years, if it's done by July something or other. Would save 10 mil on the cap both years if I heard right.

I have no idea how they could justify keeping both, but it's Jerruh....and we all know winning is not the most important thing to Jerruh.

Last edited by Dale Moser; 10-17-2016, 08:35 PM.

Comment

IF he was cut, it would be 19 mil on the cap for each of the next two years, if it's done by July something or other. Would save 10 mil on the cap both years if I heard right.

I have no idea how they could justify keeping both, but it's Jerruh.

June 1 is the date...

Confirmed by Mickey Spagnolia...

@Spags52 Trading Romo causes $19.6M to hit the cap. If he retires, same thing. But a June cut 2017 allows DAL to split 19.6 over 2 years.

Comment

I have no idea how they could justify keeping both, but it's Jerruh....and we all know winning is not the most important thing to Jerruh.

No, but money is.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
              No, but money is.

Exactly! And he doesn't need to win to make money.

Last edited by Dale Moser; 10-17-2016, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Tony will retire most likely. Don't want the Favre or Manning deal where they jump teams. Best to go out a Cowboy.

Comment

Originally posted by niceg3s View Post
                  Tony will retire most likely. Don't want the Favre or Manning deal where they jump teams. Best to go out a Cowboy.

I'll bet a bottle of your favorite whiskey Tony doesn't retire, unless he gets hurt again.

Comment

I'll bet a bottle of your favorite whiskey Tony doesn't retire, unless he gets hurt again.

No way in hell he will retire unless it is a medical thing and he has to, kind of like Prince Fielder. As far as cutting Tony, yall got to be ****ting me, Dak is 6 games in and you have broken out the anointing oil., lol, do you remember RG 3, Vince Young ? and several other one time hits ? Just keep Tony if it is not a problem with him, most teams have atleast 20 million tied up in quarterbacks if they have a good one, why does it matter if the starter gets 500 K and the back up gets 20 million ? It is a proven fact that you need two good quarterbacks in the NFL.

Comment

Because 20 million dollar quarterbacks don't like playing backup. Then you get the division in the locker room, which Garrettt is not strong enough to handle.

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
                        The thing that makes me feel bad for Romo is that he spent years with a s*%# offensive line, running for his life every play, and making plays that 99% of other qb's could not make. He was Houdini in cleats every Sunday. He spent years getting hammered and now his body is too broken to reap the benefits of this great offensive line and run game that has been put together. Now a young rookie has come in and is reaping all the benefits. Not taking anything away from Dak because he's playing well, but i would of liked to have seen Romo have one good run at a Super Bowl before he was finished.
                        +1, don't think dak will make it in playoffs

Comment

Because 20 million dollar quarterbacks don't like playing backup. Then you get the division in the locker room, which Garrettt is not strong enough to handle.

If anybody could handle it Tony could, besides that I know it is a big if but when Tony is healthy he is a better quarterback than Dak is right now, yeah I know Dak can scramble and run the read option and Tony cannot, but Tony can come to the line of scrimmage and call any play in the play book after reading the defense, he can also throw the ball better. I would never cut him to save 5 million against the cap next year unless Dak is for sure the answer, he has not proven that to me yet. It is all just locker room talk now, there is not a person in the world that could say if Tony and Dez go down the Cowboys will be 5-1, and for the folks saying the Cowboys are better without Dez in the line up need to get off the meds, or maybe get on them, lol.

Comment

Dak's impressive not doubt but Romo deserves a shot, yes he has cost us some in the past but if you can't see that he carried a sorry ***** team for several years then you aren't watching. We'll see where loyalties lie if Dak has one bad game. It's a good problem to have (much better than we have had the last few years) and I wouldn't want to be the one making the decisions but they do have the benefit of seeing who is doing what in practice and who runs the game plan better.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
                              If anybody could handle it Tony could, besides that I know it is a big if but when Tony is healthy he is a better quarterback than Dak is right now, yeah I know Dak can scramble and run the read option and Tony cannot, but Tony can come to the line of scrimmage and call any play in the play book after reading the defense, he can also throw the ball better. I would never cut him to save 5 million against the cap next year unless Dak is for sure the answer, he has not proven that to me yet. It is all just locker room talk now, there is not a person in the world that could say if Tony and Dez go down the Cowboys will be 5-1, and for the folks saying the Cowboys are better without Dez in the line up need to get off the meds, or maybe get on them, lol.
                              Agreed on all counts.

These things have a way of working themselves out.

Comment

Originally posted by PassnItOn View Post
                                Dak's impressive not doubt but Romo deserves a shot, yes he has cost us some in the past but if you can't see that he carried a sorry ***** team for several years then you aren't watching. We'll see where loyalties lie if Dak has one bad game. It's a good problem to have (much better than we have had the last few years) and I wouldn't want to be the one making the decisions but they do have the benefit of seeing who is doing what in practice and who runs the game plan better.
                                I agree but I don't think I would start Tony unless Dak degresses, we will see when the heat is turned up, there are some really good games coming up.

Comment

Working...
                                X