No announcement yet.

Dallas Cowboys 2016 season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No I don't know about contracts or trade deadlines or all that other management stuff but I say trade Dez right now for a top line D.E.
    Yes I'm just dreaming but it would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      combo of Zeke and Dak.... get used to it...
      that's the future along with the young oline time to spend some money and picks on the front 7 on the D

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
        No I don't know about contracts or trade deadlines or all that other management stuff but I say trade Dez right now for a top line D.E.
        Yes I'm just dreaming but it would be nice.

Agreed. He's too big to be so soft, he disappears in some games he plays, and rarely plays at all. Not worth the mouth and drama.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
          That number 4 pick sure looks really good, what you think Dale ?

This is gonna hurt....

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            This is gonna hurt....

Heh heh heh....

Comment

You can call me a bandwagon fan or what have you. Back when I was a kid, I started watching the Cowboys when Jimmy Johnson came on as head coach and went 1-15. I was a fan that season. It didn't take long to become rewarded as a fan

But when Jerry Jones started to want to coach.. and Jimmy went out and they brought in Switzer... I about had it with the cowboys and all the player drama. I actually stopped watching much NFL and paid closer attention to college football. I'd watch games, and not really back certain teams. I started following the Colts because it was fun watching Jim Harbaugh play. While in college, I watched Peyton Manning play, and when the Colts picked him up, I really started watching the Colts. Because I was so impressed with the way Manning played the game, I was a colts fan by proxy... and Denver as well.

Now that Manning has retired, I don't really have a person/team to really root for. I am back to casually watching football on Sundays... but I have to say it... watching the cowboys this year reminds me a lot of those '90 and '91 seasons. New blood, new talent, and a strengthening team. Lot of unknowns that could turn out to be great.

Can't say I am back to being a cowboys fan (Jones can and probably will still screw it up...) but I am definitely watching and dare I say it... rooting for them (and by them, everybody but Jones, Romo, and Dez.... I am sure there is drama in every team, but keep that **** under wraps)

Comment

Gosh dang it!! I didn't want to laugh at this, but I did!

Comment

Dez and Romo...

Sell as high as you can get now, buy low.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                    You can call me a bandwagon fan or what have you. Back when I was a kid, I started watching the Cowboys when Jimmy Johnson came on as head coach and went 1-15. I was a fan that season. It didn't take long to become rewarded as a fan

But when Jerry Jones started to want to coach.. and Jimmy went out and they brought in Switzer... I about had it with the cowboys and all the player drama. I actually stopped watching much NFL and paid closer attention to college football. I'd watch games, and not really back certain teams. I started following the Colts because it was fun watching Jim Harbaugh play. While in college, I watched Peyton Manning play, and when the Colts picked him up, I really started watching the Colts. Because I was so impressed with the way Manning played the game, I was a colts fan by proxy... and Denver as well.

Now that Manning has retired, I don't really have a person/team to really root for. I am back to casually watching football on Sundays... but I have to say it... watching the cowboys this year reminds me a lot of those '90 and '91 seasons. New blood, new talent, and a strengthening team. Lot of unknowns that could turn out to be great.

Can't say I am back to being a cowboys fan (Jones can and probably will still screw it up...) but I am definitely watching and dare I say it... rooting for them (and by them, everybody but Jones, Romo, and Dez.... I am sure there is drama in every team, but keep that **** under wraps)

If one were to look up bandwagon fan in the dictionary, this would be listed in the examples..

Comment

If one were to look up bandwagon fan in the dictionary, this would be listed in the examples..[emoji14]
                      Yes, I beleive it would.

Comment

But we still love you!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post
                          Dez and Romo...

Sell as high as you can get now, buy low.

Yes the Cowboys are winning with the corps of receivers they have in place right now.....but they need to beat an elite team at the top of their game before I start considering moving Dez. (although with his contract and the guarantees left, it would be **** near impossible to trade him without taking the same amount of salary on from somebody else.) If Dak and Dez could get in a groove, Dez is the type of athlete that could help them beat these elite teams at the top of their game consistently imo.

I doubt anybody wants a fragile QB that has another year of $20+ million salary owed to him. Trading would be next to impossible for him as well.

Comment

If they are still rolling by Dec 1st when they go up to Minnesota and play that game on the road and win in that stadium with Dak (if he's still starting) that would be the toughest game of the season it looks like right now. We all know how December gets around here. It's still way early.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish_25 View Post
                              If they are still rolling by Dec 1st when they go up to Minnesota and play that game on the road and win in that stadium with Dak (if he's still starting) that would be the toughest game of the season it looks like right now. We all know how December gets around here. It's still way early.

And as much as I don't care for Dez, he could very easily be the difference in that kind of game.

Minn and Seattle are the two in the NFC that worry me, and they worry me a lot less with him on the field and healthy...idiot or not.

Comment

Trades of that magnitude are all but gone from the NFL. The move is to cut Romo.

Comment

Working...
                                X