Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hpdrifter View Post
    yes

Not sure if I agree or not! I guess I'm on the fence about Callahan...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by KR-oldmexico View Post
      Not sure if I agree or not! I guess I'm on the fence about Callahan...

All I can say is; the O line hasn't been the same since he left.

Comment

A couple of years ago I thought Dez was a top 3 receiver in the league for sure and would argue with anyone that said otherwise. Now I'm not sure. I know he came back with a decent game this week, but did any of his 7 catches come when matched up with Norman? Can he not beat man to man coverage when matched up with a good, physical CB? The giant man crush that I once had on him is starting to dwindle.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          Since I quoted you, I'm going to assume that shot was taken at me...I can read just fine... You shouldn't take any quoting of you so personal. You did say he wasn't living up to the hype....I expounded on it with my opinion of that. Nobody specifically said you called him a bust but the phrase has been used by some and it was added in the comment...
          It wasn't a shot specifically at you, but you were included. I like to poke the bear a bit.

JJ, Stephen and Garrett claimed Zeke would have an immediate impact that would help the defense. A lot of people jumped on that wagon, and it just hasn't happened. That is the "hype". Defensive line still sucks and we could have got the same numbers from Morris. But I can't be too upset because we drafted a QB in the fourth round that looks to be the future of this franchise and better than any other QB in the draft.

I'm the last person to shut the door on Zeke. I was still saying Mo Claiborne was a good CB. People forget what he's been through the last few seasons with injuries and personal stuff. Now look at him. I did think it was crap to blame the OL for Zeke's lack of performance.

I got a question for you. How good are the redskins? Not very and we barely beat them. That D-line needs help now and more than just Lawrence.

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
            A couple of years ago I thought Dez was a top 3 receiver in the league for sure and would argue with anyone that said otherwise. Now I'm not sure. I know he came back with a decent game this week, but did any of his 7 catches come when matched up with Norman? Can he not beat man to man coverage when matched up with a good, physical CB? The giant man crush that I once had on him is starting to dwindle.
            I understand that but it's also smart football to move your best player around the field. I think alot of the stuff with Dez is cause of Tony missing so much time. There's alot of trust there that takes time to build. There's just been way too much inconsistency at the QB position lately.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
              I am sure the defenses are shaking in their shoes when Morris is in the backfield in place of Elliott, Morris can get you 5-10 yards here and there, Elliott can take it to the house, he is bigger, stronger, and way faster, he was looking pretty good before the fumbles, the defenses are trying to make Dak win the game and are crowding the line, just weight until the coaches give Dak a little more leeway, somebody is going to get toasted for some long passes.

So far he plays smaller, weaker, slower, and dumber. But I agree, he needs a deep threat before we'll ever know what he CAN be.

Dez is a beotch. He could be the best in the game if he'd use that size off the line. At the same time, What Norman did on every snap drew a flag when the Cowboys did it.

That was just a really aweful football game, but that's what you get with Garrett.

Comment

Your eyes don't deceive you. He is not a top 5 wide out IMHO. He can't beat any of the top CBs. He is physically imposing and can overwhelm most of the # 2 CBs on most teams.

Comment

Dallas Cowboys 2016 season thread

Originally posted by niceg3s View Post
                  It wasn't a shot specifically at you, but you were included. I like to poke the bear a bit.

JJ, Stephen and Garrett claimed Zeke would have an immediate impact that would help the defense. A lot of people jumped on that wagon, and it just hasn't happened. That is the "hype". Defensive line still sucks and we could have got the same numbers from Morris. But I can't be too upset because we drafted a QB in the fourth round that looks to be the future of this franchise and better than any other QB in the draft.

I'm the last person to shut the door on Zeke. I was still saying Mo Claiborne was a good CB. People forget what he's been through the last few seasons with injuries and personal stuff. Now look at him. I did think it was crap to blame the OL for Zeke's lack of performance.

I got a question for you. How good are the redskins? Not very and we barely beat them. That D-line needs help now and more than just Lawrence.

Hindsight is always 20/20.... First, I don't think Jerry and Stephen knew they were going to lose 3 of their top defenders for 4-10 games including what they hoped would be their top two QB end rushers. It's easy to second guess the Dline and their draft now that they are suspended. And who's to say that their DL pick would be immediately (2 games hype) impactful. Hell Bosa is out with a hamstring issues already.

Second... If you can't see that the Oline is allowing penetration, I don't know what to tell you. Their pass protection is good but their run blocking is not consistent. As ex Oline, I watch them more than anything. IMO Zeke is doing good with what he is given minus the fumbles. Even Emmitt didn't light it up immediately. And like was said, I could have scored on the TD Morris ran. None of us knew Morris was going to be as good as he has been. The Redskins let him go after a bad year. This team you don't think is very good let him go. Think about that. We got lucky that he is rejuvenated, healthy and playing well. None of which Jerry and Stephen knew for sure at the draft. Again, it's easy to second guess taking a RB now that Morris has been productive.

Third. Redskins are a playoff team from last year. They are struggling right now but they weren't horrible last year. Cousins is off compared to the end of last year. Our defense was suspect before losing 3 starters but I'm sure they were hoping that another year of experience for Lawrence and Gregory would help sure up the Dline ends some. .... I'm just glad we beat them with a rookie QB. Should have beat the Giants as well.

Hell what does all this matter anyway ?... if they picked a Dlineman and he didn't already have 3-4 sacks and 20 tackles by now, folks would be bitching we didn't take Elliot at #4. Some folks just like to ***** about the Cowboys picks no matter what. We armchair GMs and QBs are something else. We are a fickle group of experts.
                  Last edited by Smart; 09-20-2016, 05:12 AM.

Comment

I think the problem with Dez is the lack of the coaches moving him around, I think the rookie quarterback has a lot to do with that as well, they do not want to overwhelm him, not even going to comment on Morris starting over Zeke, the O line has not played up to their hype, when Lawrence gets back maybe they will move Crawford to the other end, that might stir up a little of a pass rush, the only way the team is going to be successful is to be dynamic on offense, Romo will have to make that happen if its going to happen this year.

Comment

I think the problem with Dez is the lack of the coaches moving him around, I think the rookie quarterback has a lot to do with that as well, they do not want to overwhelm him, not even going to comment on Morris starting over Zeke, the O line has not played up to their hype, when Lawrence gets back maybe they will move Crawford to the other end, that might stir up a little of a pass rush, the only way the team is going to be successful is to be dynamic on offense, Romo will have to make that happen if its going to happen this year.
                      I'm still holding out hope for the return of a healthy, still effective Tony Romo. If not, I guess we'll get a Dak with a year of experience under his belt and maybe have a real good idea of what he actually has after 16 games of NFL experience. I'm not going to crown him the QB savior yet after 2 games just like you can't call Zeke a disappointment after 2 games. I just want them to play in a few more Super Bowls before I'm dead and I'd really like Romo to win one so he can ride off into the sunset flipping the bird at everyone.

Comment

I'm still holding out hope for the return of a healthy, still effective Tony Romo. If not, I guess we'll get a Dak with a year of experience under his belt and maybe have a real good idea of what he actually has after 16 games of NFL experience. I'm not going to crown him the QB savior yet after 2 games just like you can't call Zeke a disappointment after 2 games. I just want them to play in a few more Super Bowls before I'm dead and I'd really like Romo to win one so he can ride off into the sunset flipping the bird at everyone.

Agreed on all counts...

Comment

I wonder what everybody siad about Emmit Smith after two games.

Comment

I wonder what everybody siad about Emmit Smith after two games.
                            Probably not much. After a 1-15 season, I dont think the expectations were too high. He did have a decent year for his rookie campaign.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                              There are reports that Gregory is going to be suspended for 14 games. I think he can be counted as a no show for the season...
                              Or a no go for his career....some people brought up around drugs can't kick the habit and it ends their career/life

Comment

Emmit Smith's first 4 games were as follows

Rushes Yards YPC
                                23 121 5.2
                                12 48 4.0
                                16 48 3.0
                                15 52 3.7

and here is the rest...

Get Emmitt Smith 1990 game log for regular season and playoff games on Pro-football-reference.com.

Comment

Working...
                                X