Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by whitetailtrail View Post
    Doug Free is retiring
    Supposedly... Vollmer is still out there in free agency if they feel Chaz Green can't take over.

Comment

Originally posted by niceg3s View Post
      Supposedly... Vollmer is still out there in free agency if they feel Chaz Green can't take over.

True, they now have 5 mil in cap space freed up.

With the o line now of some concern, where do y'all think they spend the 28th pick, if they don't trade up or down?

I think they have to go safety. Maye or Baker should be around near their time to pick.

Comment

Washington huskies CB Sidney Jones suffers torn Achilles at pro day. One of the top corners in the draft. Wonder how far he falls now.

Comment

Originally posted by whitetailtrail View Post
          True, they now have 5 mil in cap space freed up.

With the o line now of some concern, where do y'all think they spend the 28th pick, if they don't trade up or down?

I think they have to go safety. Maye or Baker should be around near their time to pick.

Defense defense defense!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by KR-oldmexico View Post
            Defense defense defense!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            This is a terrible draft for Tackle, and no Collins is not a Tackle. You play Chaz Green or sign a Tackle in free agency. #28 is when you usually take best player available. I doubt that's a Tackle.

Comment

D-ware retired today. I always hoped he'd come back for a year or two. One of my favorite cowboys ever. Sucks to see him go

Comment

Originally posted by SunsUpGunsUp View Post
                D-ware retired today. I always hoped he'd come back for a year or two. One of my favorite cowboys ever. Sucks to see him go
                Class act. Definitely a HoF player imo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Irish_25 View Post
                  Washington huskies CB Sidney Jones suffers torn Achilles at pro day. One of the top corners in the draft. Wonder how far he falls now.
                  I'd bet 2018.

Originally posted by SunsUpGunsUp View Post
                  He was a good one. Had a rough year

Comment

This is a terrible draft for Tackle, and no Collins is not a Tackle. You play Chaz Green or sign a Tackle in free agency. #28 is when you usually take best player available. I doubt that's a Tackle.
                    Collins played two years at tackle, he can play tackle but they would rather he play guard where he completely dominates.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
                      Collins played two years at tackle, he can play tackle but they would rather he play guard where he completely dominates.
                      College and the NFL are different. I doubt he'd be better than Green. He wasn't better than Free, that's why he plays Guard. Dallas tried him at Tackle when they signed him and he sucked. And he may not be better than Leary was last year at Guard. We will see...

Comment

Dallas Cowboys 2016 season thread

College and the NFL are different. I doubt he'd be better than Green. He wasn't better than Free, that's why he plays Guard. Dallas tried him at Tackle when they signed him and he sucked. And he may not be better than Leary was last year at Guard. We will see...

He is also very young... He can get better and grow into the position. Free sucked horribly as a young player. He'll be fine wherever they put him.
                        Last edited by Smart; 03-14-2017, 05:56 AM.

Comment

They have a guy they quietly signed last yr I believe jonathon cooper who may get a chance at guard. 7th overall pick in 2017 so he has talent but has bounced around some. This may open the door for competition at right tackle between green and Collins in the offseason and training camp if they don't draft or sign someone better. At least they have an option.

Comment

I do not recall Collins playing any tackle, they said his natural position is guard and he beat leary out, not sure how he could not be as good or probably better.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              He is also very young... He can get better and grow into the position. Free sucked horribly as a young player. He'll be fine wherever they put him.
                              Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
                              I do not recall Collins playing any tackle, they said his natural position is guard and he beat leary out, not sure how he could not be as good or probably better.
                              Collins played Tackle in practice his rookie year. It didn't go beyond that. Leary played his best season last year and it was popular opinion that the OL got better after he took over. I wish Collins could play Tackle. It's much easier to draft a Guard in late rounds, and I hope he gets better even if it is at Guard.

Comment

Collins was a tackle in his last two seasons in college but was projected as a guard just as Zach Martin was.

Comment

Working...
                                X