No announcement yet.

Dallas Cowboys 2016 season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Jones will trade him if he wants a trade. If not they will have the highest paid backup
    In the league and a heck of an insurance policy. If the cap hit is close to what they have to pay him why not keep him and cut the following year.

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
      I don't keep up with the back and forth on this thread much but I have been thinking this morning and assuming there is no train wreck looks like Dak will be QB 1 going forward and Tony won't be on the roster. In addition to the #1 overall pick what else could the Boys get from Cleveland in a trade deal for Romo?

Don't get me wrong I have always been a Romo fan even when people have dog piled him and hate to see him go somewhere like Cleveland but the chance to pickup an elite pass rusher like Garrett, Derek Barnett, Etc. would really help the Dallas defense.
      Lets not anoint Dak just yet, lots of football to be played.

Comment

Just a few names to ponder on, Vince Young, Collin Kaperidiot, Matt Cassell, Nick Foles, RG III, one hit wonders.

Comment

I've been hearing that they may be able to get a 4th round pick for Romo at this age with the health concerns. Broncos, Jets, and Bears are three places he could end up. I think they'd take the 4th round pick and huge salary dump at this point if they've made their mind up that Dak is their guy.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
            Just a few names to ponder on, Vince Young, Collin Kaperidiot, Matt Cassell, Nick Foles, RG III, one hit wonders.
            You're forgetting about that career resurrection Cassell had in Dallas several years later.

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
              I've been hearing that they may be able to get a 4th round pick for Romo at this age with the health concerns. Broncos, Jets, and Bears are three places he could end up. I think they'd take the 4th round pick and huge salary dump at this point if they've made their mind up that Dak is their guy.
              If they trade him it will be for more than a fourth rounder, I can see a second round pick for sure, still don't think its going to happen, call me pessimistic but Dak is only 9 games in and we have really not beat anyone that is really good.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
                If they trade him it will be for more than a fourth rounder, I can see a second round pick for sure, still don't think its going to happen, call me pessimistic but Dak is only 9 games in and we have really not beat anyone that is really good.
                I don't know what they'll be able to get for him, but 4th rounder is the best that I've heard from the insiders that I've heard talk about it. I'm right there with you with holding down the Dak excitement, but the Cowboys have beat 8 NFL teams with him at QB. Average teams don't reel off 8 in a row even if all 8 of them are against the Browns. I'm hoping that Dak is the long term answer because no matter who the better QB is this year, Romo won't even have a chance of being the best QB in 4 years.

Comment

I don't understand how so many are willing to kick the face of the franchise for the last several years to the curb so quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kenfa03 View Post
                    I don't understand how so many are willing to kick the face of the franchise for the last several years to the curb so quickly.

I think alot of it is the "talk/chatter" that is supposed to be coming out of the Cowboys camp. Reports are that Tony asked to be allowed to compete for his job back and was told no.

I cant imagine a scenario where Tony stays if that is the case.

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                      I don't keep up with the back and forth on this thread much but I have been thinking this morning and assuming there is no train wreck looks like Dak will be QB 1 going forward and Tony won't be on the roster. In addition to the #1 overall pick what else could the Boys get from Cleveland in a trade deal for Romo?

Don't get me wrong I have always been a Romo fan even when people have dog piled him and hate to see him go somewhere like Cleveland but the chance to pickup an elite pass rusher like Garrett, Derek Barnett, Etc. would really help the Dallas defense.

He's on the roster as the backup for tomorrow.

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      They would have to trade him I am pretty sure.....They can't afford the cap hit to just outright release him. I think after the 2017-2018 season it is more cap friendly if I read it correctly.

WhT they will try to do is get him to sign a lower contract to make him more tradeable, and give him the option behind the scenes to decide who he gets traded to.

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                      Can they get a 1st round pick for him?

No, not even close. Everyone knows Jerry can't keep him on the roster at his salary to be a backup. If there's any trade if will have to be a contract re negotiation, then trade for a 3rd or maybe late 2nd, or one of those that turns into a better pick if he starts a certain number of games or the like.

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
                        I think alot of it is the "talk/chatter" that is supposed to be coming out of the Cowboys camp. Reports are that Tony asked to be allowed to compete for his job back and was told no.

I cant imagine a scenario where Tony stays if that is the case.

So Tony is not going to be allowed to compete for his job? Please explain what that means exactly?

Does that mean putting him in the game/starting him or is that snaps/repetition with the first team in practice??

Comment

They have to trade him or cut him. The fact that everyone knows that will drive his trade value down.

Comment

Originally posted by KR-oldmexico View Post
                            So Tony is not going to be allowed to compete for his job? Please explain what that means exactly?

Does that mean putting him in the game/starting him or is that snaps/repetition with the first team in practice??

I don't know...repeating what have been reading in articles that tony asked to compete for spot and was told no by management

Comment

Dallas Cowboys 2016 season thread

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                              He's on the roster as the backup for tomorrow.

WhT they will try to do is get him to sign a lower contract to make him more tradeable, and give him the option behind the scenes to decide who he gets traded to.

Good luck with that Jerry. He still has some guaranteed money left on this contract next year. You think he's going to eat $8-10 million? He's going to cost them $24.7 if he stays and $19mil if he's traded on accelerated signing bonuses and other financials. That's a tough pill to swallow.... even for Jerry.

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
                                I don't know...repeating what have been reading in articles that tony asked to compete for spot and was told no by management

Ten 4 I guess we will see how it plays out. IMO I don't think they will just push him to the curb this quick.... I still have that gut feeling that we will see Tony again this year.... nothing more than just me saying and thinking it and not reports or anything else....... I agree with leaving Dak leading the team for now but I still believe Romo is the better QB by far! Chemistry is everything at this point!

Comment

Working...
                                X