Dallas Cowboys 2016 season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SunsUpGunsUp View Post
    I don't know why no one draws parallels to Peyton last year. It is a KNOWN FACT that he was too beat up to compete physically. Yet they brought him back in in the playoffs for his experience and he struggled to throw the ball down the field but still won a super bowl. According to the cowboys, Romo is throwing the ball great in practice. And he's always been more mobile than Peyton. Meaning he is still in better physical shape to play (and three years younger). I'm not trying to compare the two because I think Peyton is the greatest to ever play. I'm saying us keyboard coaches have no idea who is healthy or not healthy. And I would take this year's Romo over last year's Peyton (again, who won a superbowl)
    We're not drawing parallels between the two because we have not seen Romo play this year. Maybe he doesn't have anything left in the tank, but then again he may be lights out. Not that it matters, but to say Romo has always been more mobile than Peyton is a slight understatement. Has everyone forgotten the escape artist that Romo once was? He used to pull a rabbit outta his a** on a regular basis. His career probably would of been over about 4 years ago if he wasn't behind several of the cowboy offensive lines he played behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
      So y'all are saying that Tony will be a baller in the NFL until he is what 45...52?

I will say it for the last time...there is a reason that old men dont play in the NFL. The body just will not hold up to the abuse. there is no shame in it, just the way it is.

In my opinion, Tony Romo has suffered and extra ordinary amount of abuse over the past decade due to a lack of sub par players around him. He has been knocked around and taken some huge hits I fear we are just now seeing what all of that abuse is culminating into. The totality of the abuse is what gets a body. The constant strain of keeping the body in top physical shape adds to that.

To answer Keiths question, I competed in wrestling for years and later added BJJ to that. I rolled against some of the high level BB's. I have also shared the mat with some higher levels MMA guys (not ufc but on their way) I was their punching dummy .

Early on we could do 2-3 hours sessions as I got older i realized that father time says when to stop no matter what the body says.

So, to answer your sarcastic comment I have competed and would continue to so if the body would let me.

Come in Rudy Ruddicur!!!! (Or however you spell his last name)....

Rudy, Rudy, Rudy, Rudy!!

I'm sure you are a bad MF!!! That's all good but has nothing to do with your understanding or the lack there of either one.... of the game of football and more importantly this very Romo conversation that we are having! No one, I repeat, no one has said that Romo can still compete on the same level has had in the past, no one has said that he's 100% the man and no one that I'm aware of has said that Romo should be the starter this week!! Is there a possibility that his experience could be helpful down the stretch with a good run game and good pass protection????? Absolutely and that's the only point that I'm aware of that can be made. Is Romo a better passer as far as accuracy, in my opinion yes. However again it's just an opinion and that's it. I watch the same games, practices and news report you do so really neither of us have a **** clue what we are taking about!

I love and respect Romo as a fan and I also am very excited about what Dak has brought to the table! Good times in Dallas and I hope we finish this season out as strong as we have started it! I feel bad for Romo because he's on his last leg and I believe he would have the same results s Dak has with this team. However I'm not an MMA wrestling dummy so I really don't know the insights of this team and Romo as you do!!

Rave on Cat Shaittttt and I know a goood plastic surgeon to fix those cauliflower ears when you retire JIB!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Dallas Cowboys 2016 season thread

No one is saying Romo has 5 more years in him, or that he can still play like he was 31.

Two years ago he was a top 4 qb in the NFL, fact.

It's not even a stretch to think he could be a top 7 qb next year and there are a lot of teams that would love to have that...hell Houston hasn't had that since Moon.

Last edited by Dale Moser; 11-16-2016, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
          No one is saying Romo has 5 more years in him, or that he can still play like he was 31.

Two years ago he was a top 4 qb in the NFL, fact.

It's not even a stretch to think he could be a top 7 qb next year and there are a lot of teams that would love to have that...hell Houston hasn't had that since Moon.

True!

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
            Right on !! Tony did not lose his job because Dak is better, Tony lost it because of injury and this team has gone 8-1 in that time frame, yes Dak was or is the quarterback, take Zeke out and we are having a different conversation, can't convince me any other way.
            As far as im concerned its the oline. put zeke or dak in for the browns, neither would be worth a flip. Mcfadden was 4th in the league last year in rushing. Murray was #1 in 14. Morris could easily be a top 5 if he was getting the ball.

on a side note, murray with fewer touches than zeke is only 75 yards behind him
            Last edited by CTR0022; 11-16-2016, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
              What did I miss?
              Goat said he would not revisit this thread anymore this year

Several of the All Silver and Blue Crew wanted that in writing

I found his banter entertaining

Smart says he is lurking in the TBH shadows

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                Goat said he would not revisit this thread anymore this year

Several of the All Silver and Blue Crew wanted that in writing

I found his banter entertaining

Smart says he is lurking in the TBH shadows

We love his bi-polar Arse!!!!! Come in Goat!!!!![emoji12]

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
                  As far as im concerned its the oline. put zeke or dak in for the browns, neither would be worth a flip. Mcfadden was 4th in the league last year in rushing. Murray was #1 in 14. Morris could easily be a top 5 if he was getting the ball.

on a side note, murray is only 75 yards behind zeke ytd

While I agree with you on the Oline being a major, major player, I think you are undervaluing Dak and Zeke some. See 2015 for the reason...same Oline ...nice rushing results but horrible results in the win column.

Its a perfect storm of incredibly talented athletes between the skill players and hogmaulies..
                  Last edited by Smart; 11-16-2016, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KR-oldmexico View Post
                    Come in Rudy Ruddicur!!!! (Or however you spell his last name)....

Rudy, Rudy, Rudy, Rudy!!

I'm sure you are a bad MF!!! That's all good but has nothing to do with your understanding or the lack there of either one.... of the game of football and more importantly this very Romo conversation that we are having! No one, I repeat, no one has said that Romo can still compete on the same level has had in the past, no one has said that he's 100% the man and no one that I'm aware of has said that Romo should be the starter this week!! Is there a possibility that his experience could be helpful down the stretch with a good run game and good pass protection????? Absolutely and that's the only point that I'm aware of that can be made. Is Romo a better passer as far as accuracy, in my opinion yes. However again it's just an opinion and that's it. I watch the same games, practices and news report you do so really neither of us have a **** clue what we are taking about!

I love and respect Romo as a fan and I also am very excited about what Dak has brought to the table! Good times in Dallas and I hope we finish this season out as strong as we have started it! I feel bad for Romo because he's on his last leg and I believe he would have the same results s Dak has with this team. However I'm not an MMA wrestling dummy so I really don't know the insights of this team and Romo as you do!!

Rave on Cat Shaittttt and I know a goood plastic surgeon to fix those cauliflower ears when you retire JIB!!!

Are you high?

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
                      We're not drawing parallels between the two because we have not seen Romo play this year. Maybe he doesn't have anything left in the tank, but then again he may be lights out. Not that it matters, but to say Romo has always been more mobile than Peyton is a slight understatement. Has everyone forgotten the escape artist that Romo once was? He used to pull a rabbit outta his a** on a regular basis. His career probably would of been over about 4 years ago if he wasn't behind several of the cowboy offensive lines he played behind.
                      For a heads up comparison I'd say Romo with the muscle mass he has is way ahead of Peyton Mannings skinny little frame. I think there is plenty left in the tank for Romo as far as mentally and physical strength, my question is will he break if he gets hit hard.

Romo is 'mature' by NFL standards, or at least nearing average retirement age but he still has mass. Manning never did have the physical strength Romo has now.

But Romo is still injury prone. Blame it on whatever you want but the guy has taken a beating and spent his time on the bench for it.

I would like to add that I'm not a 'ballwatcher' and I've never competed at a high level, I'm just a guy who loves the game and studies it some.
                      Last edited by flatlander; 11-16-2016, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
                        Are you high?

LMFAO!! No I'm good just want you to let Speedgoat up for some air!!! We miss him!!

Comment

Originally posted by KR-oldmexico View Post
                          LMFAO!! No I'm good just want you to let Speedgoat up for some air!!! We miss him!!

Comment

LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post

on a side note, murray with fewer touches than zeke is only 75 yards behind him
                              Murray has played one more game, Zeke has also been held back, no comparison between the two.

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
                                Lol, I don't think he ever played behind a great O line with the exception of 2014, seems to me he was always running for his life, maybe in 2007 they had a decent line and running game, other than those two years I think it was pretty bad. He is one tough sob, thats for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X