No announcement yet.

Dallas Cowboys 2016 season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Press conference looked like trade-bait to me, he's stating he can still play and wants to play but knows it won't be for Dallas. I'd like to see him do really well for another team. One hell of a good backup QB though.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
      I thought it was pure class, not so sure what part of it was dumb, the entire world wanted to know what his situation was going to be, the only reason he lost his job was because of injury, Dak is a lucky man, he walked into the perfect storm and took advantage of it. When Tony took over it was not because of injury, some folks seem to forget that.
      I agree with you about how well Romo handled this.....

BUT

Dak was fortunate to be drafted by the cowboys

Dak is fortunate to have a GREAT team on his side of the ball,...

Dak is blessed with a LOT of talent and has benefited from great coaching in the NFL from coaches and Romo.

At NO POINT has luck had anything to do with it. For people who bust *** and use their God given talents above and beyond all expectations 'luck' is a slap in the face and a four letter word.

If the Cowboys were 3-6 right now you wouldn't call him lucky. At no point in his career was Tony unlucky.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
        Dumb. A press conference to say you lost your job as the starter??? Just put yo big boy pants on, keep being a millionaire with a smoking blonde wife and do whatever it takes to help this team.
        Dumb. Part of what it takes to help the team is to show that he supports the starter and try to take some of the media pressure off the team. Classy move by Romo. "That's my quarterback" as TO would say.

Comment

What else was Romo going to say? I'm better than Dak. I'm going to be a distraction. I'm going to holler Noonan and miss it every time he throws a pass?

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
            Dumb. A press conference to say you lost your job as the starter??? Just put yo big boy pants on, keep being a millionaire with a smoking blonde wife and do whatever it takes to help this team.

He came out to put all the questions to rest. The team has made a decision and he understands that! No more questions and on to focusing on the team and winning football games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Also,...Since it's too late for a trade this year wouldn't it be awesome for Romo to finally get a Super Bowl ring?

Comment

Originally posted by flatlander View Post
                Also,...Since it's too late for a trade this year wouldn't it be awesome for Romo to finally get a Super Bowl ring?
                I'd like to see him with Murray again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

I agree with you about how well Romo handled this.....

BUT

Dak was fortunate to be drafted by the cowboys

Dak is fortunate to have a GREAT team on his side of the ball,...

Dak is blessed with a LOT of talent and has benefited from great coaching in the NFL from coaches and Romo.

At NO POINT has luck had anything to do with it. For people who bust *** and use their God given talents above and beyond all expectations 'luck' is a slap in the face and a four letter word.

If the Cowboys were 3-6 right now you wouldn't call him lucky. At no point in his career was Tony unlucky.
                  Dude, ok he was fortunate to be drafted by the Cowboys, he was fortunate for both of the Cowboys quarterbacks to go down with injury, he was fortunate to get to play behind the best O line, he was fortunate to have the best back in the NFL, I could go on, and to say Tony was not unlucky, you have to be kidding me, I guess it was luck that he had all of those injuries running for his life all those years, do you honestly think that Tony would not light it up with this team ? He said it himself, the best team that he has had a chance to play on, anyway, luck has a hell of a lot to do with it, or being in the right place at the right time and making the best out of your opportunities, however you want to say it.

Comment

I thought it was a very classy thing to do his part, and at the same time it was very difficult to watch.

Comment

Bottom line is that the Cowboys are winning and that's what matters, but that was hard to listen to. I don't care how many millions he has in the bank or how hot his wife is, if you've ever competed at anything in your life then you know what he just did is a hard thing to do. I'd hate to see him in another uniform, but if he feels he is healthy and has another couple of good years left in him then why stand around holding an IPad on the Cowboys sideline. I bet the Cowboys will be fielding a S ton of phone calls about trades.

Comment

As a backup? No, if I was him I would never want it to go down like that.

Comment

He sounded like a professional team player all class he didn't get handed that speech to read he put his heart and thought into it we aren't done seeing Romo play his days as a Cowboy might be over after this season but he will have something to prove hope he can be comeback player of the year go join D Ware in Denver let Paxton sit another year if he stays healthy he will be better than Peyton was his last season and we see what Denver did with that

Comment

maybe they(the coaching staff) should have kept the game plan simple for Romo. Seems to be enough these days.

Comment

Originally posted by RRagan83 View Post
                              He sounded like a professional team player all class he didn't get handed that speech to read he put his heart and thought into it we aren't done seeing Romo play his days as a Cowboy might be over after this season but he will have something to prove hope he can be comeback player of the year go join D Ware in Denver let Paxton sit another year if he stays healthy he will be better than Peyton was his last season and we see what Denver did with that
                              I'd love to see him in Denver

Comment

He manned up. Good job Romo.

Comment

Working...
                                X