No announcement yet.

Dallas Cowboys 2016 season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They won 5 or 6 without him and Beasly and TW were going haywire.

I agree that he will make a few plays a year that very few people can make....if he's on the field. But in between those plays he takes plays off, struggles to beat press coverage, rarely ever beats a double team, and plays smaller than he is.

We've all been brainwashed into thinking he's Calvin Johnson, Randy Moss, or Julio Jones, and the bottom line is he's just not. I don't care how much they love him, in a salary cap league I don't need a 16 million dollar a year cheerleader.

Comment

Well I guess we will have to agree to disagree, thats about like saying Alfred Morris would be just as good as Zeke because of the O line. No Dez is not up there with the receivers you mentioned, but he makes all the other receivers better, he makes the team better, if he is a 16M dollar a year decoy and they keep winning i am fine with that, my money says he will play a big part if this team goes anywhere.

Comment

Dez may not be 100% but it sure looks like his best years are already behind him.

Comment

I have taken up for Dez too, but I also took up for T.O. when he was here. They both have the potential to make amazing catches, but at least T.O. Would throw a block now and again. If Dez isn't in the play, he just as well not be on the field. Sure he's a decoy, but how about throw a block sometimes and help a brother out.

Comment

Wouldnt it be something if Romo finally got a super bowl ring and it was Dak that got it for him? I admit Im not really a football fan but I have actually really enjoyed the Cowboys this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Beleg View Post
              Dez may not be 100% but it sure looks like his best years are already behind him.

Comment

How bout dem Cowboys.

Comment

My second thought on the game was. The Cowboys had 4-5 coverage sacks/ throw away's. That hasn't happened in awhile. Was it cause the Browns are bad or did the Dbacks cover better? As a whole I thought the defense played fast, hard and with lots of effort.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                    Wouldnt it be something if Romo finally got a super bowl ring and it was Dak that got it for him? I admit Im not really a football fan but I have actually really enjoyed the Cowboys this year.
                    THAT would be priceless.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

I'll just leave this here

Cowboys Receiving Leaders All Time

Player Seasons # Yrs Rec Yds Avg Lg TD
                      Jason Witten 2003-2016 14 1,058 11,639 11.00 69 62
                      Michael Irvin 1988-1999 12 750 11,904 15.87 87t 65
                      Drew Pearson 1973-1983 11 489 7,822 16.00 67 48
                      Emmitt Smith 1990-2002 13 486 3,012 6.20 86 11
                      Tony Hill 1977-1986 10 479 7,988 16.68 75t 51
                      Dez Bryant 2010-2016 7 428 6,107 14.27 85t 61

Comment

Garrett quote today " Dez is a great receiver and team mate, he has great passion for the game, if anyone thinks otherwise then they obviously do not know what Dez is about " I may not have the exact quote but it was along those lines.

Comment

Ayyyy dally

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
                            Garrett quote today " Dez is a great receiver and team mate, he has great passion for the game, if anyone thinks otherwise then they obviously do not know what Dez is about " I may not have the exact quote but it was along those lines.
                            What is he supposed to say. He can't say the truth that dez has bad hands and is a cry baby.

Comment

Originally posted by quackerback View Post
                              What is he supposed to say. He can't say the truth that dez has bad hands and is a cry baby.
                              I think Garrett is a straight shooter, he **** sure would not go out of his way to praise him if he did not feel that way. You guys act like he is an escaped con,, I think one poster posted that he is the 5 th all time receiver for the Cowboys, did that in basically 6 years, not exactly chopped liver. Yeah he is loud and gets ****** off sometimes, not too many of them that don't, Irvin was the same way except he was really a piece of work.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
                                I think Garrett is a straight shooter, he **** sure would not go out of his way to praise him if he did not feel that way. You guys act like he is an escaped con,, I think one poster posted that he is the 5 th all time receiver for the Cowboys, did that in basically 6 years, not exactly chopped liver. Yeah he is loud and gets ****** off sometimes, not too many of them that don't, Irvin was the same way except he was really a piece of work.
                                I will say Irvin worked harder than anybody else and caught just about everything they threw his way. There are stories of him running routes way after practice was over. And throwing up he was working so hard, then continuing to run more routes.

Comment

Working...
                                X