No announcement yet.

Best fixed blade broad head?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another vote for Slick Trick. I use either the magnum or viper. I have been resharpening the blades and it works great and have used on several animals with a single head and blades.

Comment

When I shot compound it shot the muzzy. You can buy replacement blades and tip kits. And they come with practice replacement blades that aren't sharpened.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
        Come on man!

Why pay thousands for a deer lease, a couple thousand on a bow, hundreds on stands, hundreds on feeders and corn, hundreds on scent elimination, just to skimp out on the very thing that kills the animal?

Can't go wrong with Slick Tricks or Ramcats.

Just messing with ya! I know it gets expensive.

This^^^^ is the problem. I spent it all for the opportunity to hunt

When you have a wife and 4 kids who all bow hunt the archery equipment gets expensive quick. I agree the broadhead is what does the killing. That's why I'm not going out and buying what ever is on sale. I want something that will work and I value your opinions.
        Last edited by AntlerCollector; 08-17-2016, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Muzzy!!!
          They are affordable and work. I also like Montecs and Shuttle T's.
          But for the best bang for the buck it's muzzy.

Comment

Another tip of the hat for Muzzy's for price and durability, but Montec for super flight and kill ability.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks everyone. Muzzy's it is! Gonna pick up about two dozen of them this week.

Comment

I never had good success with muzzys. Never liked them, but they are cheap.

I'd rather have slick tricks.

Or, get yourself something with a single bevel, like DRTs

Comment

Originally posted by KevBow View Post
                  Magnus stingers come with lifetime warranty
                  This is what me and my girls shoot. They do great and you can't beat their warranty.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                    That is, best deal for a cheapskate like me

I want to use fixed blade, but I don't want to pay a fortune for them. Where is the line between a good deal and a cheap piece of junk? What brand should I stay away from and what do you recommend? My whole family bow hunts and it gets real expensive. I'm looking for the cheapest broad head that will get the job done and is dependable. Thanks.
                    personally i like the stinger and black hornets from magnus,,, best deal is probably the wasp boss, three heads and two sets of replacement blades in the package for 35$, and they are a quality head

Comment

Magnus Stingers! Cheap, and they have a free replacement warranty!

Bisch

Comment

NAP Thunderheads

Comment

Yet another vote for the thunderhead. As long as your equipment is REALLY tuned good it will shoot just like a field point. I can shoot my Thunderheads in the same hole as my fieldpoints out to 60 yards if I do my part. The only reason I say out to 60 is because that's as far as I shoot.

Comment

Slick trick used to be the answer. They were $30 for 3 but since they were bought out their prices got jacked up to $40.
                            Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                            Magnus Stingers! Cheap, and they have a free replacement warranty!

Bisch
                            Since slicks tricks price went up, I'd have to agree with Bisch. I used to shoot Magnus broadheads, and they are TOUGH. I've only ever bent one and that's because it hit a rock after a pass through. I flat out missed the target once and smacked a big oak tree. When I managed to finally get the head out, it was not damaged at all. And like Bisch said, if one does bend or break, they will replace it

Comment

Muzzy 3 blade. Kill, Spin test, Resharpen, Repeat. Buy blades when necessary.

Comment

NAP hellrazors

Comment

Working...
                                X