Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Texas Youth Hunting Program, 2016-17 Season!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TexasTK View Post
    I just signed up yesterday with this program. I will be providing a deer & hog hunt at my place for four youngsters this coming October. Looking forward it.
    Great - thanks TexasTK! We couldn't do this program without the generosity of landowners such as yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by Incline View Post
      I have two kids that I have signed up. It means a lot to our family.
      Originally posted by Devin View Post
      I'm kinda partial to this group too....
      It really is about the relationships and the memories!

Comment

I just became a huntmaster this summer, looking forward to taking some of my ag kids on the 2 TYHP hunts we have set up

Comment

Sunday bump.

Comment

We've added 20 hunts to our schedule in the past week, and are up to 81 total, with much more to come!

You must log in to apply, hunters are drawn 30 days prior to the hunt date. You will only be notified if you are selected for the hunt. To view the calendar without an account, click on LOG IN, then click on the TWA Logo.

Comment

My oldest took his hunters safety last year with the intent of registering but school and sports got in the way. Better plans this year. How is this selection process done? Is it is straight draw? The reason I'm asking is it better to sign up for a few to better your odds or hold out and bet on one.

Comment

This is as good of a youth hunting program as there is out there!

Comment

Originally posted by mooney_ag View Post
                  My oldest took his hunters safety last year with the intent of registering but school and sports got in the way. Better plans this year. How is this selection process done? Is it is straight draw? The reason I'm asking is it better to sign up for a few to better your odds or hold out and bet on one.
                  It's better to apply for multiple hunts to increase your odds. We don't do a straight draw, but we give priority to those who have not hunted with us before.

Comment

I just got the phone call my daughter has been waiting on. I can't wait to tell her. We are going to the Clay County hunt October 7-9. Anybody else?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Incline View Post
                      I just got the phone call my daughter has been waiting on. I can't wait to tell her. We are going to the Clay County hunt October 7-9. Anybody else?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
                      Congrats - you guys will have a great hunt!

Comment

Another ignorance question for you since we've got to get his mom to agree. The website list arrival time and I'm sure there is a set schedule. Is this a no later than time? Beginning arrival time?

Comment

Originally posted by mooney_ag View Post
                          Another ignorance question for you since we've got to get his mom to agree. The website list arrival time and I'm sure there is a set schedule. Is this a no later than time? Beginning arrival time?
                          Generally that is a "no later than" time. When the hunters are selected the Huntmaster in charge of the hunt will contact everyone with specific instructions about when/where to meet, etc.

Comment

We continue to post new hunts almost daily - over 100 posted as of today, with many more to come!

You must log in to apply, hunters are drawn 30 days prior to the hunt date. You will only be notified if you are selected for the hunt. To view the calendar without an account, click on LOG IN, then click on the TWA Logo.

Comment

My son just got selected for the Las Colinas ranch hunt on Oct 21-23. Already paid and he's super excited. Thanks for the heads up on this program. We have struck out on the TP&W draw hunts.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jbarr View Post
                                My son just got selected for the Las Colinas ranch hunt on Oct 21-23. Already paid and he's super excited. Thanks for the heads up on this program. We have struck out on the TP&W draw hunts.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
                                Excellent! Let us know how it goes!

Comment

Working...
                                X