No announcement yet.

Healthy people in handicap parking!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have one - but only used with my son .. And still rarely it's used .. He is still small enough to ride in a bucket car seat and ride in regular stroller but once he gets bigger it will be his custom fit wheel chair that I will have to physically put him into etc .. So it all depends on the situation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I park I handicapped spaces while handicapped people make handicapped faces

Comment

That could be her fathers or husbands truck with the DV plate on it.
        If the owner of the truck is not with her then she can't park there.

We had this come up at work where someone was parking in a handicap spot with DV plates. come to find out her husband was the DV and the truck was in his name. HR checked into the law and the law said that if her husband was not there then she could not legally park there and was asked to move.

When my folks were alive they had a handicap plate on their car because of dad’s health. When I drove them somewhere which I did a lot. I would drop them off as close to the door as I could and then park their car in a regular parking place to make room for someone that might need a handicap spot.

Comment

We were at the grocery store in port Aransas and I'm sitting un the truck waiting and this other truck pulls up and the driver hangs a handicapped thing on his mirror and parks in the handicapped spot. Three able bodied young males get out and very capably walk into the store.
          Later on that very day myself and a friend are out on the T head of Horace Caldwell pier and the driver of the pick up walks up. He could walk all the way down a long pier but can't walk an extra 50 feet to park in the proper spot.
          It seems that they give out handicapped mirror signs and lic plates to just about anyone anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
            We were at the grocery store in port Aransas and I'm sitting un the truck waiting and this other truck pulls up and the driver hangs a handicapped thing on his mirror and parks in the handicapped spot. Three able bodied young males get out and very capably walk into the store.
            Later on that very day myself and a friend are out on the T head of Horace Caldwell pier and the driver of the pick up walks up. He could walk all the way down a long pier but can't walk an extra 50 feet to park in the proper spot.
            It seems that they give out handicapped mirror signs and lic plates to just about anyone anymore.

It's the government ...... they could screw up an anvil with a rubber hammer

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunterchris View Post
              I park I handicapped spaces while handicapped people make handicapped faces
              Lol....that's epic !!

Comment

My Mom is 84 years old and has two knee replacements. She has a handicap sticker. Sometimes she can walk a short distance and look normal and has at times been berated because she doesn't look handicap. You never know.

Comment

Not all disabilities are visbile

Comment

I have a handicap placard, and keep one in my wifes car. With all my surgeries and ongoing back issues, sometimes I need it. Most times I look to see how many spots there are, and if there are several, I'll park in one. If there is only one, I move on.

Comment

Valve stem tool

But only after confirming it is an appropriate move.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry H View Post
                        That could be her fathers or husbands truck with the DV plate on it.
                        If the owner of the truck is not with her then she can't park there.

We had this come up at work where someone was parking in a handicap spot with DV plates. come to find out her husband was the DV and the truck was in his name. HR checked into the law and the law said that if her husband was not there then she could not legally park there and was asked to move.

When my folks were alive they had a handicap plate on their car because of dad’s health. When I drove them somewhere which I did a lot. I would drop them off as close to the door as I could and then park their car in a regular parking place to make room for someone that might need a handicap spot.

I believe it was probably her daddy's truck. IMO no way was this girl a vet. She looked more like a high school teenager. Both girls jumped out of the truck and ran into the store. I was only speaking of this incident as far as my rant. It bothers me when I see things like this happen, but like others said, you may not see their disability. I've never confronted anyone for parking in a handicap spot. Today if I wasn't working I would have. I believe they parked there because they knew the truck had the plate on it. It's a total lack of respect. I get how some of you got offended by my post. Sobeit. I'm fine with that. I think we can agree using a handicap spot when you don't need it is wrong. I wish I would have recorded them on my iPhone. Some of these opinions would be different.

Comment

It's annoying. I couldn't keep my mouth shut to a coworker a few weeks ago. Out here working in a refinery, climbing stairs, cage ladders up towers, turning valves really hard giant valves, dragging hoses and his fat are can't walk from a regular parking lot into wal mart. I told him he either needs to lose the job or the tag cause he only deserves one or the other. Somebody who really needs it should be using that parking spot.

Comment

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
                            I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO
                            Originally posted by DFWfirefighter View Post
                            im a firefighter and recently had to have my leg amputated. This summer heat kills me trying to go anywhere with crutches and i needed to run and get something and both handicapped spots were taken so i had to park way in back and as i was walking/hopping in a 20 yr old guy that looked like he just came from the gym come walking out to get into the handicapped spot.
                            Seems like this would have been the perfect time
                            to break out the ever popular...

Crutch across the back of his legs
                            -Dumb & Dumber

Comment

Originally posted by Jon-Paul View Post
                              Not all disabilities are visbile
                              This ^^^^ You know it all's should be disabled some day. Some days we are okay and other days not so much. Carry on.
                              Last edited by doghouse; 08-04-2016, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Got any pics of those 2 young 20yr bad girls?

Comment

Working...
                                X