Wyoming Antelope Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wyoming Antelope Hunt

So it looks like I am going to Wyoming for work and one of the guys wants to take me on an antelope hunt. I am taking my bow, has anyone ever done this? Can you help me out on what I should take with me to make sure I am legal? Cost?

Originally posted by the dirty one View Post
    So it looks like I am going to Wyoming for work and one of the guys wants to take me on an antelope hunt. I am taking my bow, has anyone ever done this? Can you help me out on what I should take with me to make sure I am legal? Cost?
    Have not done Wyoming, but speed goats are challenging.

Comment

Check and see if you can get a license over the counter

Comment

Hunters ed card, drivers license, and the money to cover the fee for the tag and you should be fine. And be ready to shoot extreme distances.

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
          Hunters ed card, drivers license, and the money to cover the fee for the tag and you should be fine. And be ready to shoot extreme distances.
          Is it doable with the bow? How far are we talking

Comment

Is it doable with the bow? How far are we talking
            I shot mine at 64 yards and had shots at 60+ through 100 yards everyday. It is very doable with a bow, if you put in the work for it. Stalking pronghorn is the most fun you will have with your clothes on.

Comment

Your best bet is to hunt early while it's still warm weather from a blind on a waterhole.

There are no OTC tags in Wyoming. You'll have to hope that your friend has access to land in a unit with leftover tags. These are units that are mostly private land.

Check here for tags: https://wgfd.wyo.gov/QuotaAvailabili...nCriteria.aspx

Comment

Great! Take you bow and be ready for 100+ yard shots.

Comment

Hunted them in Jackson Hole a few years back tags were around 300.00 for non resident but we had to be drawn for them

Comment

I shot mine with a recurve at 18 yds over a waterhole.

Comment

Mu buddy already has the tag he said he would give me, and access to the land.

Comment

If it's private land I would say it's doable. I still think you have to buy the license from the state even if he already has a land owner tag. I could be wrong. I hunted private land and the land had some resident antelope and deer residing on it. I think it could have been doable with a bow.

I'm following along! Good luck.

Comment

where will you be? what county?

Comment

Good luck, dude!!

Comment

I'd be very careful with that... check with the state game and fish department on the legalities of what you're planning to do. To my knowledge, there are no transferable tags available in Wyoming. The game wardens there can be good guys and usually are, but they can also be very strict in enforcing the regulations, and a slight mistake on your part could cost you some hunting rights in the future. When I am in doubt, I always call them and make sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X