No announcement yet.

What's on your wrist?? I'll start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This should be called the Rolex thread. Very nice pieces. I need to ante up!

Comment

Rolex is for metrosexuals and girly men.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

No problem on the lateness, got nothing but time...I'lll touch base as we get closer. I see no real reason to do anything now & have it sit in the safe waiting to be worn. If it comes to it, I'll likely send you the original bezel & band (although I think almost 50yrs of wear, it's time for a permanent nap) We will just take it from there & discuss once you have had a once over.

Thanks for reply.

Paul

Originally posted by blood-sport View Post
        Well

First off, I'm so sorry it's taken me forever to respond.. I've been super busy and now that hunting season has been over, I have tons to catch up on.

I will answer your question in two parts. I think your grandfathers watch should be brought to life. A "COA" should provide almost perfect mechanical function. This shouldn't cost more than $350 to $380, if parts are needed for the movement an estimate should provide a no surprise service.

Regarding the bracelet, shoot me a few pics and I can offer suggestions.

I've was in your position almost 4 years ago, my son is a graduate from the university of Texas and a former Baseball player there. I'm a proud father on so many levels. Huge accomplishment like this deserved in my mind a giant reward.. I bought him a Rolex submariner new with his name on the warranty and had the back engraved with his accomplishment. I gave him the watch in private, just the two of us. It's a moment I'll never forget.

I can't really tell you what you should do but a new watch on his wrist engraved would be something super special..

I have a daughter that has 3 more years, I'll be doing the same for her.. although it won't be a surprise, I know she will LOVE IT

All the best and when your ready, I'd love to help with the repair or the purchase of the new watch for your son. Check me out on the web JFJCO.com. High end watches new and pre owned , loose diamonds and custom manufactured engagement rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post

They can get dirty too

Mine isn't for dress only. It's on me all the time whether hunting, fishing, doing ranch work, or on the drilling rig. You can tell when you look at it but I didn't spend the money on it to wear it 1-2 times a month lol

Comment

Nothing on mine. Phone always has the time

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
              They can get dirty too

Mine isn't for dress only. It's on me all the time whether hunting, fishing, doing ranch work, or on the drilling rig. You can tell when you look at it but I didn't spend the money on it to wear it 1-2 times a month lol
              same here...take it off to sleep, but that is it. I am rough on watches.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                No problem on the lateness, got nothing but time...I'lll touch base as we get closer. I see no real reason to do anything now & have it sit in the safe waiting to be worn. If it comes to it, I'll likely send you the original bezel & band (although I think almost 50yrs of wear, it's time for a permanent nap) We will just take it from there & discuss once you have had a once over.

Thanks for reply.

Paul

Sounds good to me Paul.. pictures would help as you approach the perfect time..

Al the best -

Sergio Nuncio

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Any chance we can get your definition of "metro-sexual" and perhaps "girly".. all reading this thread would be interested to know..

LOL

Comment

Any chance we can get your definition of "metro-sexual" and perhaps "girly".. all reading this thread would be interested to know..

LOL

Comment

http://www.yourtango.com/2013185939/...nd-metrosexual

Speedgoat - we at TBH would like to thank you for your all knowing ability and for sharing your favorite article on being metro-sexual.

This post is about "what's on your wrist"

DUDE, Stay on point bro !!

Comment

Speedgoat - we at TBH would like to thank you for your all knowing ability and for sharing your favorite article on being metro-sexual.

This post is about "what's on your wrist"

DUDE, Stay on point bro !!

I get it. Enjoy. I'm out.

Comment

I get it. Enjoy. I'm out.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0156.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	24490307Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1308.jpg
Size:	115.4 KB
ID:	24490308Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0568.jpg
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	24490309Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0576.jpg
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	24490310

Thought I'd get you motivated with more pics.

"I'm out" as well..

Goodnight !!

Comment

Boys, this thread is tittering very near a feminine line and I fear it may have crossed it

Comment

Originally posted by sbushee View Post
                              Boys, this thread is tittering very near a feminine line and I fear it may have crossed it
                              If you say so

Comment

Gotta up the omega population.

Comment

Working...
                                X