I learned the origin of a tagged doe that frequents our place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
    I had a 130 inch 12 point about 6 years ago that I got to know during the summer filling feeders and working. He would let me walk around the feed pen with him in it. When bow season started I would go climb in my ground blind and he would come over and lay about 10 yards from it. No one believed me, as I am the only bow hunter. So gun season started and one of our other guys took his son over there to check it out. They climbed into the ground blind. 5 minutes later the deer showed up and laid 5 yards from them. His son was feeding him gummy bears. One of our idiots saw him about a mile away from that area chasing a doe during the rut and shot him.
    That sucks. Some people just can't get past their own selfishness and leave something cool like that alone so that everyone can enjoy it

Comment

Had a couple of fawns that would come out and watch me fish at my uncle's place. They wouldn't get closer than 30-40 yds, but the weren't worried about me being there

Comment

That’s pretty cool. My wife has raised a bunch of orphan fawns at our house. They think they are dogs not deer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Knew a farmer outside of Nacogdoches around 1990 that had a friendly doe. One reason she always came around is because he would feed her a fresh cigarette out of this hand. She was crazy for them.

Comment

Originally posted by speck1 View Post
            That’s pretty cool. My wife has raised a bunch of orphan fawns at our house. They think they are dogs not deer.

That's pure awesomeness there. I wished I lived where deer were close by like that. I would do the same thing

And I had a golden just like yours. The best dogs ever!!!! I miss ole BJ every day!
            Last edited by Abcdj; 11-13-2017, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by speck1 View Post

Good for ya'll. That is a **** good dog right there.
              And son

Comment

That golden retriever raised 5 fawns like they were her own. She died a few months ago at 16 years old. Saving those fawns was a ton of work. Gained a lot of respect for my wife watching her do that.

Comment

you have to be very careful with those tame bucks when they get older they will flat out kill you they get very aggressive and will attack with out warnings

Comment

Originally posted by mudkat View Post
                    you have to be very careful with those tame bucks when they get older they will flat out kill you they get very aggressive and will attack with out warnings
                    Especially bucks during the rut

Comment

Originally posted by mudkat View Post
                      The bucks left at 1.5 yrs old and never returned.

Comment

Justin thought it was cool to pet the one at AntlerCollectors place.
                        He said he still wanted to shoot deer just not that one lol.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

I had a strange encounter a couple years ago. It was still dark in the early predawn darkness while sitting in the blind when I heard a strange sound. It sounded some sort of metal clanging. As daylight began to break I could finally make out a silhouette of a deer. I found out later it was doe that had been bottle raised by a neighbor that they ear tagged and put a dog collar and goat bell.
                          Pretty neat sight. Its not everyday you see a tagged doe with a goat bell clanging around her neck eating corn under the deer feeder with other wild deer.

Comment

My Mom and Dad used to have a doe they had saved from the ticks when it was a fawn. Every hunting season he would paint COW on both sides of the doe. Didn't matter, one of the neighbors down the road shot it.

Comment

Cool stuff. Unfortunate that a few neighbors or lease-mates can't exercise a little restraint.

Comment

[ATTACH]905228[/ATTACH]

Comment

Working...
                                X