No announcement yet.

Ever Felt Stupid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I pulled a 10 horse gooseneck trailer loaded with extremely high dollar cutting horses from Rosston,TX to Abilene with the coupler just sitting on the ball. That was the last time I ever pulled a trailer that I didn't personally hook up.

Comment

I have certainly been there...one of teh many below.

Fishing Lake Fork one day, all day and we're anxiously waiting the late evening top water bite right before dark .... but we still needed to leave some time for driving back to the ramp. We fished that bite and caught some dang good fish on buzzbaits, frogs, and flukes over the pads and I came to the realization that our fun was over because it was getting hard for me to see. I say OK boys lets load em up. They do as I tell them because its my boat and we had had a pretty good day on the water, but they seemed to have a miffed look in they actions. I took it as disappointment that they day was over. So I am hauling *** across the lake and about half a mile from the ramp, my new Costa sunglasses jump up to my forehead and I realize that they were so clear and comfortable that I didn't even remember I had them on when I made the go home call.

Needless to say, I stopped the boat and we laughed. We stil had 30ish minutes of light left! They were like we weren't going to say anything but we figured you knew best for your boat... So yes I felt STUPID!!.... and we drove over to a cove close to the ramp that had a bunch of hydrilla in it. I told them lets give em hell to an hour or so after dark because we can get back to the ramp safely at idle. We boated 7 more fish including my buddy's personal best of 8.7 on a black buzzbait. Stupid moves pay off sometime.. That was 15 years ago and we still talk about that day when we all get together.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
        Driving my tractor down the road when it died and had to tow it home... Then I remembered I had turned the gas off.
        This happens to me all the time with water pumps generators etc. Crap i dont run alot i shut the fuel off. Crank it then it runs a bit then dies ive jacked with them for 10 mins before then remember the dang fuel shut off.

Comment

Every time I type facts to a Trump Humper. I should know better.

Comment

I'll just say I don't want to be a thread hog! Pretty much daily!

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
              About 10 years ago I had a Summer job working for these rich people. I mowed,weed eated and things like that. Well they had this nice John Deere mower with a roll bar on top. I was out mowing one day and there was one tree I had to go around. I made it about half way around the tree and the mower locked up. I couldn't go any further so I backed up. Then went forward and it stopped again. I thought something had happened to where I could only go backwards for some odd reason. So I backed up again and slammed the mower into drive again and before I knew it all I could see was green. The tree fell over on the mower and I drove out from under it. Apparently the roll bar had caught a thick branch and that's what was stopping the mower. I knocked that tree right the hell over.

I probably looked stupid but I guess I really didn't feel stupid. I thought it was hilarious.
              Did something similar to this but I was on a tractor and it was a pecan limb the tractor didn't stop moving but the limb was so big it almost knocked me out when it fell. It did knock my brand new straw hat off witch I proceeded to run over with the mower.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                I have certainly been there...one of teh many below.

Fishing Lake Fork one day, all day and we're anxiously waiting the late evening top water bite right before dark .... but we still needed to leave some time for driving back to the ramp. We fished that bite and caught some dang good fish on buzzbaits, frogs, and flukes over the pads and I came to the realization that our fun was over because it was getting hard for me to see. I say OK boys lets load em up. They do as I tell them because its my boat and we had had a pretty good day on the water, but they seemed to have a miffed look in they actions. I took it as disappointment that they day was over. So I am hauling *** across the lake and about half a mile from the ramp, my new Costa sunglasses jump up to my forehead and I realize that they were so clear and comfortable that I didn't even remember I had them on when I made the go home call.

Needless to say, I stopped the boat and we laughed. We stil had 30ish minutes of light left! They were like we weren't going to say anything but we figured you knew best for your boat... So yes I felt STUPID!!.... and we drove over to a cove close to the ramp that had a bunch of hydrilla in it. I told them lets give em hell to an hour or so after dark because we can get back to the ramp safely at idle. We boated 7 more fish including my buddy's personal best of 8.7 on a black buzzbait. Stupid moves pay off sometime.. That was 15 years ago and we still talk about that day when we all get together.
                Believe me Jason...leaving back to dock early on Lake Fork ain't stupid at all!
                Unless you are REAL familiar with that lake, you have no business being on it after dark...at least faster than idle speed! That lake has tore up a WHOLE BUNCH of boat hulls over the years! Including mine!

I only fish Fork in a buddy's boat now...I stopped putting my boat on that lake long ago!

Comment

Originally posted by Philip-TX View Post
                  Wait

you PLANTED THEM along the creek?????
                  Well--it is a dry creek most of the year and it is more of a gully than a flat-bed creek. Only time I walk it is squirrel hunting. Maybe the next rain will wash them off the the neighbor's place downstream?

Comment

I would like to think that it is a very rare occurrence. But, when it happens....it really cracks me up. I've told this story at least 20 times.

I was connecting through Chicago Ohare....probably been there 100+ times. Needless to say, I'm very familiar with most US airports. I looked down at my boarding pass to see which gate I was departing from. Then, I looked up at the signage. H3-H18 gates were down one corridor.....but H1 amd H2 were a different direction. I looked down to H1 and H2 and saw that they also had A and B gates. I walked up to the agent at H1 B.....and said, "excuse me sir...this is H1 B......but where is H- one - one- B??" He looked at me with a look that I would soon understand. He replied...."We don't have an H - one - one -B. That is H -eleven- B". I put my head down, said thank you....and walked off. Never felt quite so stupid!!!

Comment

Originally posted by trophyhunter View Post
                      I would like to think that it is a very rare occurrence. But, when it happens....it really cracks me up. I've told this story at least 20 times.

I was connecting through Chicago Ohare....probably been there 100+ times. Needless to say, I'm very familiar with most US airports. I looked down at my boarding pass to see which gate I was departing from. Then, I looked up at the signage. H3-H18 gates were down one corridor.....but H1 amd H2 were a different direction. I looked down to H1 and H2 and saw that they also had A and B gates. I walked up to the agent at H1 B.....and said, "excuse me sir...this is H1 B......but where is H- one - one- B??" He looked at me with a look that I would soon understand. He replied...."We don't have an H - one - one -B. That is H -eleven- B". I put my head down, said thank you....and walked off. Never felt quite so stupid!!!
                      this made me lol and think about how many tragedies have occurred because people that needed emergency response couldn't find the 11 key on their phones..

Comment

Back last season I was getting all my gear gathered up to make sure everything was in working order. One of those was my 4 wheeler. Went out to start her turned the key on and nothing. I had good fire to the battery cause I could hear the solenoid fire up. I end up taking everything apart for the start switch to ignition all the way to the battery and solenoid cleaning every connection. Turned into a 4 to 5 hour job. come to find out the on off switch on the handlebars was turned off. I aint never felt so dumb.

But I will never feel as dumb as the kid next door that mowed his entire yard and never engaged the blade. Now that boy is an idiot...
                        Last edited by Roy D Mercer; 07-06-2016, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                          Believe me Jason...leaving back to dock early on Lake Fork ain't stupid at all!
                          Unless you are REAL familiar with that lake, you have no business being on it after dark...at least faster than idle speed! That lake has tore up a WHOLE BUNCH of boat hulls over the years! Including mine!

I only fish Fork in a buddy's boat now...I stopped putting my boat on that lake long ago!

I had been fish fishing it for 9-10 years by then and knew it fairly well in the areas I liked to fish. Plus they had installed all the new boatlane bouys so that made it a little more safe...but I didn't like hauling at night in areas I was not familiar with and we had gone over to a new section on a tip from a buddy looking for more pads/hydrilla.

Ironically I started night fishing there more and more and ran on plane in the boat lanes and places I knew in the dark with a good spotlight and probably am very lucky I never had any issues. Ray Roberts too. Not sure i would do they same now. I'm too old to die doing stupid stuff..

Comment

More times than I would like to admit.

Comment

I'm good for a blonde moment a day

Comment

We were at the lease a couple of weekends ago and after a full day of work at about 9 on the way back to camp my 4 wheeler runs out of gas..... We go get gas and come back and I fill er up and head back. The next day I'm unloading the wheeler at the house and turn the fuel off to run it dry and staring right back at me is 3 switches..... On, Off, and reserve..... I felt like a complete idiot over that one, my reserve would have had plenty to get me back to camp the night before. Oh well, laugh at yourself, live and learn....

Comment

Working...
                                X