X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What feeder do you like for around $500

Go

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

No way I would spend 500 bucks on a feeder. Can built your own for a lot less.

Best thing I have encountered is to buy 85 gallon salvage drums with lids. Drop in a funnel and put a good timer on it. Usually way less than 500 if you shop around.

I have had success in putting 4 legs per barrel vs 3. Also get an aluminum lid that sheds water.

Comment

Something with The-Timer 12 volt control unit and solar panel on it.

Comment

Hands down Feeders Etc in Lovelady!

Comment

All seasons stand and fill

Comment

Y'all like the stand and fill or winch up better

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
              Y'all like the stand and fill or winch up better

I have both. Depends on what you're trying to do. Avoid cow issues? Crank up. Easy to fill and move around? Stand and fill. Pluses and minuses to both. I could go on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by Corn Sack View Post
                All seasons stand and fill
                This

Comment

All seasons stand and fill all day long. Can't beat em! That's all we have on our lease now...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
                    No way I would spend 500 bucks on a feeder. Can built your own for a lot less.

Best thing I have encountered is to buy 85 gallon salvage drums with lids. Drop in a funnel and put a good timer on it. Usually way less than 500 if you shop around.

I have had success in putting 4 legs per barrel vs 3. Also get an aluminum lid that sheds water.
                    Where can one buy these lids? I need 6 of them.

I bought the winch up feeders at Lowes supermarket for $399 each. They come with everything including solar panel, digital timer/motor etc... everything except the 12v battery.

Comment

I build winch up feeders with these winches that you use a drill on to winch up takes all the work out of it! Also I use Spintech 12volt feeders uses centrifugal force to push the spinner plate down and throw the corn, absolutely no corn loss to coons squirrels or cows http://www.ebay.com/itm/DUTTON-LAINS...-/381147637290 all it takes is a 5/8" socket to use the winch

Comment

pics
                        Attached Files

Comment

Boss buck winch up with 12v motor and battery/ solar panel. Get em in crockett for 479

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                            Where can one buy these lids? I need 6 of them.

I bought the winch up feeders at Lowes supermarket for $399 each. They come with everything including solar panel, digital timer/motor etc... everything except the 12v battery.
                            you can usually snag the 85 gal drum lids at the hunters extravaganza

Comment

12v with The Timer and solar panel. Easy fill. Works great. Cent remember exact price but in the 500s with the full package.

Last edited by txwhitetail; 06-25-2016, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X