What feeder do you like for around $500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
    No way I would spend 500 bucks on a feeder. Can built your own for a lot less.

Best thing I have encountered is to buy 85 gallon salvage drums with lids. Drop in a funnel and put a good timer on it. Usually way less than 500 if you shop around.

I have had success in putting 4 legs per barrel vs 3. Also get an aluminum lid that sheds water.
    Agreed!

Originally posted by dc1986 View Post
    Something with The-Timer 12 volt control unit and solar panel on it.

I built this one out of an old water well pressure tank. I used The Timer & The Remote in a 25yo Moultrie Commercial housing, 12-volt automotive blower motor, 12-volt solar panel, 2-7/8" pipe stub legs, 2-3/8" pipe legs, & 85gal barrel lid. I'm pretty frugal & bought the lid used and the pipe from the scrap yard, but I might have $325 total in it. It holds 650# of corn
    Attached Files
    Last edited by cj7zrcool; 06-27-2016, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CreoleSasquatch View Post
      pics
      Originally posted by lexingtontexas View Post

Build your own. Way cheaper!!!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
      I think y'all are doing it wrong. [emoji1]

Although, how convenient to hunt in your yard.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Comment

I have made a few and I agree they are easy and cheap to make. But I wanted a much larger feeder for my new lease in Junction and I do not have the time or equipment to make anything larger than a 55 Gal barrel feeder. I bought this 1000# feeder from Junction warehouse for $479 with "The Timer" , solar panel , eliminator plate all installed and delivered to my lease. The driver helped me set it up and filled it for a $25 delivery fee.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Feeder.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	24449441

Comment

Originally posted by alec73065 View Post
          I have made a few and I agree they are easy and cheap to make. But I wanted a much larger feeder for my new lease in Junction and I do not have the time or equipment to make anything larger than a 55 Gal barrel feeder. I bought this 1000# feeder from Junction warehouse for $479 with "The Timer" , solar panel , eliminator plate all installed and delivered to my lease. The driver helped me set it up and filled it for a $25 delivery fee.

[ATTACH]798055[/ATTACH]
          hmmmm. This sure looks like a Krivoman. $479 with the timer, solar panel, eliminator for $479?????

He doesn't sell them directly from his house for near that price.???

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
            hmmmm. This sure looks like a Krivoman. $479 with the timer, solar panel, eliminator for $479?????

He doesn't sell them directly from his house for near that price.???
            I was told they buy them from someone who makes them in their garage. No name on it , that timer setup is $180 alone if you buy it from one of the feed stores. I bought one from Lyssey and Eckel in Llano for another feeder at another lease.

Comment

Originally posted by alec73065 View Post
              I was told they buy them from someone who makes them in their garage. No name on it , that timer setup is $180 alone if you buy it from one of the feed stores. I bought one from Lyssey and Eckel in Llano for another feeder at another lease.
              So you bought it all complete with all of that for $479? If so I need to buy one. You can't come close to that for a top notch 1000 lb feeder for under $500 with best electronics around.

I am 95% sure its a Krivoman feeder and he sells his for that price almost without the timer or any of that

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                So you bought it all complete with all of that for $479? If so I need to buy one. You can't come close to that for a top notch 1000 lb feeder for under $500 with best electronics around.

I am 95% sure its a Krivoman feeder and he sells his for that price almost without the timer or any of that
                Yes I bought it just as stated for $479.

Comment

I paid roughly $150 to have my "bear proof" feeder welded together. I spent another $50ish on paint, pulleys, coated cable, and a boat winch. I paid another $150ish for the 30 gallon barrel feeder and timer shown in the second picture.
                  Attached Files

Comment

On sale:

Grow a trophy buck a deer feeder from Texas Hunter Products. Our automatic deer feeders are built tough to withstand the elements. We offer a variety of deer feeders to meet your property's needs.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                      Hands down Feeders Etc in Lovelady!
                      Great quality products for a good price.

Comment

Originally posted by Trent D View Post
                        I paid roughly $150 to have my "bear proof" feeder welded together. I spent another $50ish on paint, pulleys, coated cable, and a boat winch. I paid another $150ish for the 30 gallon barrel feeder and timer shown in the second picture.
                        Is that deer playing dead in the first picture?

Comment

Im in the boat of building your own feeder. I built mine with three legs, 55Gal drum, Plastic lid and Funnel, and a sunslinger off Amazon for less than 120$ the most expensive part was the sunslinger.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                            Good luck with moultrie and WGI,,,,,,

The moultrie feeder leg kit is the bolt on one that works a lot better than the bands.... As far as the WGI solar panel and timers I've been using them for 5+ years now with no problems but still you can get the all season box for 85 instead from buccees which will be the same cost.... My point is you can build a solid feeder for cheap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

All seasons stand and fill. Coon proof. Comes with solar panel and The timer. Holds 12 bags. Easy to move around. Nothing can mess with it. When full, nothing can budge it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My pick also is the All Seasons stand and fill, have three, going to get the timed protein feeder next.
                                Last edited by txlawdog; 06-28-2016, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X