No announcement yet.

Lost my job today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exact thing happened to me. Was working for a horrible company, and told them that. Paid leave for 2-3 weeks then canned. Had a job lined up and it turns out it's a million times better. Not as much money, but a way better quality of life, and I'm not working 7-16s killing myself every day. Sometimes these things work out for the better.

Comment

Sorry guy, that sucks. I don't think you could get fired from my office, we trade insults pretty frequently. Now getting laid off...we just had our third round.

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

Paid admin leave is often a way to keep you out of the office while legal gets their ducks in a row.

Comment

Sorry to hear this, prayers sent for you.

Comment

A friend of mine out here at work got in trouble for making a remark about a person to the guy he was talking to. The guy went to the foreman and pimped him out. Said he "was offended" by what was said. They called him in and gave him a three day vacation without pay.

Comment

Prayers going up

Comment

Originally posted by OPC Patrick View Post
                  Paid admin leave is often a way to keep you out of the office while legal gets their ducks in a row.
                  N

Yep sounds like you are fired.

Comment

Doesn't sound like you lost your job but rather the company lost a good employee because of their yellow-bellied political correct policy! They should have told whoever complained to put their big boy/girl pants on and get back to work!

Good luck in your new job search.
                    Last edited by Neck; 06-22-2016, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Prayers for favor.

Comment

Sorry to hear this....
                        '

Comment

True story! Worked with a guy in the 80's at a well known communications company who in a meeting told his manager he would cut his neck off and crap(being nice here) down his throat. Two week suspension, still got paid in the end. The manager was a temporary and a real *****.
                          The guy that made the threat had at least 30yrs. service at the time. The scene was hilarious to say the least.

Comment

When one door closes another opens up. Hope you find something better quickly!

I just interviewed with a company on Friday. When it was my time for questions, I asked what happened to the guy who previously had this position. Was wondering if it's open because he left, they showed him the door, or he promoted up. The answer was that he's still in the position but they are looking to fill his position before they show him the door. He doesn't even know they are looking to fill his position and asked me to keep my job search confidential so he doesn't find out. Evidently he said something that offended his boss but his boss doesn't want to fire him without a replacement. When I said that made me uncomfortable the way they were handling it, I may have removed myself from the candidate pool or sealed the deal. Was very hard to tell how he took it but I told him that I like to address those kinds of issues immediately and not let them fester. The interview basically ended after that discussion.

Comment

Sorry for your troubles chef. Not commenting on your situation but responding in general to some of the comments.

Unfortunately most people forget that they are at work. It's not hanging out with your friends. It's not a social event, political rally or protest. It's work. Unfortunately, unless it's your company, there are guidelines to follow. I found most of the time it's best to keep talk about work, about getting work done or how to get work done. Sometimes if you get moments where you and a coworker who share similar views to discuss off work topics out of ear sight of the masses you may get to relax a little and enjoy a pleasant conversation. But if not just remember that it's only a job. Something we do for a paycheck. Something we do to feed our family, have nice things and plan for the future.

We get comfortable at work. I've been very guilty of this. I have to my supervisor "fu, you can kiss my a, I'm not doing this" because once again I was assigned work someone else failed to do. It cost me two days off without pay and the promise next time it would cost my job. I learned to not let it be personal. To do what was needed because I was getting paid. To look out for the companies interest and secondly my coworkers interest. Because I was getting paid it was all "my job". It paid off in promotions and surviving until retirement.

Remember it's not your house. It's the companies. PC stinks. But the reality is most things we talk about at work aren't work. And if it were we would be more productive. Our work would be more efficient and effective. Productivity costs would go down and we just might benefit from it financially.

Just sayin'.

Comment

Working...
                              X