Debit Card thief got me.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Debit Card thief got me.....

Someone in Arlington is living life a little better thanks to me. Got a call this morning at the station from my bank asking about charges. They got me for about $720. They had fun at a bar call 'Bar Louie' and the rest were at Wal-Mart #5416. I called APD to file a report being that they have a dedicated division for ID theft and financial theft. Didn't take long to figure out that was a lost cause. Anyone on here work for APD that could be of more assistance. I have the places, times and amounts for each transaction. Just seems like to me, all one would have to do is pull some cameras and take a look. Hell, any effort at all would be appreciated.

Scoundrels!

Comment

call your city council rep, it's a lot easier to get the ball rolling downhill than it is uphill. Heck you should know this, you're a ff.

Comment

They got me Saturday! 8 charges for a place in NYC called GT something & an online ticket vendor called fandango. Who buys movie tickets w/a stolen card #??? Btw, Bar Louie is a pretty nice bar in The Highlands. They probably have video cameras.

Comment

Has happened to me on several occasions. It's hopeless. My cc and bank have been more diligent about fraud protection. Seems they are catching it as soon as it happens. Just last week one cc company put a stop on my card because there were multiple tries to use the card number all over the world.
          It's upsetting.

Comment

As much as I despise credit cards, I have one that I use for all online shopping, electronic bill pay and gas pump transactions. Pay it off weekly.

"An honest government has no fear of an armed population".

Comment

L i f e l o c k

Comment

We all pay for it in the end but;

With Credit Cards the fraud charges are absorbed and paid by the CC company

With Debit Cards the fraud charges are absorbed and paid by you

Moral of story, don't keep much money in your debit card account

Comment

Got my wife on Friday. All at different Walgreen Pharmacies in Houston. Wasn't much, but still had to go through all the BS and cancel it. Got her for around $200.

Comment

Originally posted by TD2000 View Post

My debit card has a visa logo on it. When I got hit visa ate all the charges. They (visa) told me as long as the card isn't used with a pin # fraudulent charges are handled by the credit card co.

Comment

I live a long way from Arlington, so I'm not sure if the council cares to hear a non-resident complain. Just sad to find out that nobody wants to go get these people. I called APD, and they said to make a local police report, and if the local police thought it needed to go further they would relay the info to APD. Why can't I just call APD and give them the info? Every LEO I've talked to so far has told me I'm wasting my time filing a report. I just have a hard time thinking it's a waste of time if I have the places and times the crimes were committed! The video is there, they just have to go get it! Why have a "identity theft division" if it doesn't follow up on crimes committed?

Comment

Originally posted by Tailboard2523 View Post
                        I live a long way from Arlington, so I'm not sure if the council cares to hear a non-resident complain. Just sad to find out that nobody wants to go get these people. I called APD, and they said to make a local police report, and if the local police thought it needed to go further they would relay the info to APD. Why can't I just call APD and give them the info? Every LEO I've talked to so far has told me I'm wasting my time filing a report. I just have a hard time thinking it's a waste of time if I have the places and times the crimes were committed! The video is there, they just have to go get it! Why have a "identity theft division" if it doesn't follow up on crimes committed?
                        You don't have to tell the council member you don't live there

Comment

Originally posted by TD2000 View Post

Banks will return funds once disputed as fraud on a debit card.

Comment

I try to use a credit card everywhere. Costco used to be debit only but now they are any visa card.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
                              Banks will return funds once disputed as fraud on a debit card.
                              That's what happened in my case.

Comment

Working...
                              X