No announcement yet.

Chiggars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I pretty much stopped getting them, but this spring I've been getting 1 or 2 chigger bites per day. All the rain, heat, high grass, etc. is ideal for chiggers.

2 things I know of:

1. Get good old Deep Woods Off and spray everything below your knees. Spray it good.

2. It takes a couple of hours for them to crawl around and settle on a spot. Take a quick shower when you come in. Remember, though, they can be in your clothes, so you might want to shake them on the front porch, don't stuff them in the laundry hamper or throw them on the bed. If you can't access a shower, at least hose down your legs.

3. If the bite is "fresh," dab it with alcohol, bleach or nail polish remover.

Comment

Same here I am eatin up with both chiggers and tics from this past weekend.

I want to find a way to (literally) burn the itching spots. If I could find a finally focused form of microwave radiation I would seriously zap each one of these spots. I would much rather have a small spot burn, hurt and then heal up. These spots are going to itch and burn for two weeks now. I have to come up with an answer for this.

Chootum!

Comment

Yup I get tore up at work every year. I spray with deep woods off and it helps sometimes but I've already got them pretty bad. Funny thing is I'll get them and nobody else will. They seem to like me...

Comment

I spray with Deet and still get a few. I get rubbing alcohol and rub it all over my legs, waste, and ankles after I get in from being out in the brush and grass. It helps.

Comment

Working...
          X