Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thinking about a new bow this year, suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've shot a lot of bows the past 6 months. The big names and the 'newbies'. All high quality . Try out Prime. That will be my next bow. I'll post when it is all set up.

Comment

Go see Paul @ Double G Archery in Georgetown. He will let you shoot whatever he has and hes only 30 minutes from Temple. I made the trip and saved money.
      Last edited by Dandy; 06-07-2016, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dfkoon View Post
        I've shot a lot of bows the past 6 months. The big names and the 'newbies'. All high quality . Try out Prime. That will be my next bow. I'll post when it is all set up.
        The Prime Rize is a great shooting bow, but to me the Obsession Def Con 6 was better in all categories, but again everything on shooting a bow is personal preference.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
          The Prime Rize is a great shooting bow, but to me the Obsession Def Con 6 was better in all categories, but again everything on shooting a bow is personal preference.

No doubts I liked obsession too. Just liked the rize a bit better. With all the great bows it was tough to decide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'd just go shoot every different make and model you can get your hands on. Just make sure that when you're test driving, that you're shooting your proper draw length. You wouldn't test drive a sports car and not adjust the seat, would you?

I'm not one of those guys to pick one bow and say that it's the end-all, be-all best dad gum piece of equipment for everyone that has upgraded their hunting equipment from a slingshot .....and so here are my 2 cents.

I feel like I have shot nearly every make of bow but maybe not every model, and I always come back to Hoyt for two main reasons: 1) I don't think I've ever shot a quieter or more smooth bow (thru the entire cycle from the draw to the string stopping). And I'll say this even running the risk of jinxing myself... I've never had a deer spook or even flinch when I released an arrow and especially not come close to jumping the string. 2) I love the draw cycle and I feel like I can hold it against the wall for days but this is a personal thing and it will be different for everyone. I will say that the difference in DL in as little as 1/4" increments make a big difference in this aspect for me.

Because of how comfortable I can be after tuning the Hoyt's to shoot for me and the confidence I have when I have one in my hand in the woods, I believe that I 'm more accurate, precise and consistent on the range.

Good luck brother and let us know what you settle on!

Comment

Originally posted by txfireguy2003 View Post
              I drew everything in my price range today at The Outhouse in Waco. That got me narrowed down to 4-5 to try on the range. I tried a Matthews, Diamond, Martin, Bow Tech, and one other.....can't remember what it was.

I dialed then all up to their max of 70lbs so it was apples to apples, and quickly narrowed it down to the Matthews Z3 or the BowTech Carbon Icon. I then shot those two for a good 30 minutes, alternating between the two in 3-5 shot groups. Both are dead in the hand, both are smooth, both are quiet and both are reasonably fast. The Z3, for me, wins the quiet category, but the Icon was smoother drawing and lighter weight, and basically equal in every other category as far as I could tell. Next comes the price point....almost the same price, except the Icon is RAK equipped (not that I'm using those parts, but it's value added that I can transfer to the old bow before selling it).

I did not intend to purchase anything today, but that Icon was awesome....so it came home with me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
              Sweet.... now go kill something with it and post some LDPs!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X