Tractors...hp or 4wd?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

As I understand, it pretty common in older tractors to have the diesel bleed a little. If I buy it, KD in Brownwood will do the joystick conversion. They made a great FEL I hear too.

Comment

Looks lightly used and with those low hours your good to go...good luck with it.

Comment

I have a Case 485, 54 hp, 2 wd with FEL. Its used mainly for clearing brush and pasture maintenance/shredding/discing. When I bought HP/FEL/ and drive was the order I shopped. I have no complaint's running 2wd. When using the FEL for clearing brush I do have to have my disc on for counter weight for traction but I use the disc as part of the clearing. I have gotten stuck more than once, the bucket has pushed me out every time.
          We have 330 acres on one tract and 250 on another tract, it does what we want. It's like anything, learn to work what you have. My only experience with a 4x4 tractor was a Kubota 26hp....very capable machine. I was amazed at what it could do.
          I was trying to get the biggest/heaviest tractor with a FEL that I could that had low hours. As you can imagine 2wd was the winner and I have no regrets. You can search Ratchet Rake and see what a 2wd with a disc for counter weight can do. If you got the cash go 4x4, but dont count the 2wd's out..they are very capable machines

Comment

Working...
          X