No announcement yet.

Life/carrer after L.E.O.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did 21 years and was just tired. An opportunity came up at a Jr College for a full time law enforcement instructor. Best thing that has ever happened to me. My son just graduated highschool, and for the first time in his school life I had spring break off with the family. I get 2.5 weeks off at Christmas, all the regular holidays, plus 2.5 weeks of vacation. The absolute BEST part of the job is no on call. My phone does NOT ring after 5p or before 8am. With all the flooding, I did not have to sleep at the PD, wade through sewer water, get blamed for peoples misfortunes, etc. This is the best job I have EVER had in my life. I might actually live to be 80yoa after all.

Comment

I shoot my longbow a LOT!

I go to a LOT of 3D shoots.

I hunt every chance I can!

It don't get any better, and I don't know how I ever had time to go to work for the 30yrs I did!

Bisch

Comment

I retired at 25 yrs due to an injury. A brother officer who'd retired just before me hooked with up with a teaching job at a local college. When I got where I could get around and rehabbed to some degree, I hired on at a huge auto auction as their security manager - did that for five years. By then we really needed to get out of the metroplex and move to E Texas to be near my family due to my Dad's terminal illness. Drove trucks for a year or so hauling a huge mobile MRI unit all over Tx, Ok and La. Then bought myself a Peterbilt and hauled military freight for a couple of years. The local school district needed a police chief, so I applied. Been here four years now. They treat me good, so I keep coming back.

...and today is the last day of skool!!! So I'll be fishing and hog hunting for a couple of months!

Comment

I continued to fly after retiring as a flying LEO. Other LEOs applied to work as an LEO for an ISD Police Dept. More laid back and a good retirement gig from what i understand. Good luck and congrats on your up and coming retirement.

Comment

Thanks for the input guys my boys are young and have only known me as a motorcycle police so it'll be different when I retire my youngest is going to kindergarten in the fall my oldest is starting the 3rd grade maybe I'll retire to a full time dad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

PI and serving subpoenas and other process. Didn't think I would ever work criminal defense but that is about 95% of my case load.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X