Lawn fertilizer help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Russ79 View Post
    First off, if you just put it out about a month ago then you were about a month too late. You need to put weed and feed about the end of Feb/first part of March. It needs to be applied before the weeds start emerging.
    It said not to put out until the grass wasn't dormant and had been cut twice.

Comment

Celsius WG. expensive but you don't need to use that much per application and it kills the heck out of stuff and keeps your Bermuda

Comment

Reviving this to get some more insight.

I have been fertilizing using lemmons schedule, but still have quite a bit of bare/thin areas. I think this is as good as it will get due to the shade I have from the trees, but are there any recommendations for helping the growth around the trees?

Comment

Originally posted by be12hunt View Post
          Reviving this to get some more insight.

I have been fertilizing using lemmons schedule, but still have quite a bit of bare/thin areas. I think this is as good as it will get due to the shade I have from the trees, but are there any recommendations for helping the growth around the trees?
          Trim the trees to get sunlight to the ground.

Comment

Spray it with 41% glyphosate 1.5 qts per acre while the bermuda is still dormant.

Comment

Dont use weed and feed....it will damage scrubs and trees! Go to randy lemmon and read his write ups for grass

Comment

Originally posted by shark79 View Post
                Spray it with 41% glyphosate 1.5 qts per acre while the bermuda is still dormant.
                If the Bermuda is still dormant, "round-up" the entire yard.

Comment

Lawn fertilizer help

If you’re following Randy Lemmon’s schedule and using a weed and feed, then you’re not following his schedule. As said above, the atrazine in them will eventually damage or kill trees.

You should do a pre-emergent 3-4 times per year to keep weed seeds from germinating, then kill any extra weeds that pop up with a post emergent weed killer. There are tons of tips and info on his website. The fertilizer is a different application from weed treatment.

I am by no means any sort of yard expert, but I enjoy listening to his show and typically have a nice yard by following his tips. But a great yard also starts with great soil.
                  Last edited by apc10; 02-27-2018, 04:43 AM.

Comment

Pm saltwater slick he seems to be very knowledgeable on this

Comment

what is a post emergent spray that won't kill St Augustine?

Comment

Guys, this is a Very Important PSA: DON'T USE WEED AND FEED ANYWHERE NEAR THE DRIP LINE OF ANY TREE, ESPECIALLY YOUNG OR SMALL TREES.

Most Weed and Feed products (Scotts Bonus S Included) use "Atrazine" as the "weed killer" in their product. This WILL kill young roots of any tree. It might take 3-4 months to see the effects, but you will experience dieback, first on the tips of leaves and limbs.

Weeds are a fast growing plant and respond quickly to the treatment.

If you want a healthy, weed free yard of grass, fertilize the grass and it will choke out the weeds.

Comment

If you want a healthy, weed free yard of grass, fertilize the grass and it will choke out the weeds.[/QUOTE]

You must not have any khaki weed or goosegrass.

Comment

I 2nd and 3rd the no weed and feed crowd.

I tried Randy Lemons schedule for a couple years, no bueno for me.

I went to a completely natural fertilizer, basically chicken dung only. A neighbor used this for years and had the best lawn I have ever seen. I have now used it for 3 years and can say the same about my lawn. The premise, weeds cant grown in a healthy lawn.

Found at Arbor Gate in Tomball.

Comment

Getting pretty tired of you guys not following the other guys backyard post where he posted a pic a beautiful woman his thread.
                              The bar was set.. quit freakin doin the limbo and get with the program....

just sayin

Comment

I have st Augustine and live in Sachse which is NE of Dallas. From what ive read I need to fertilize with a 15-5-10. Anything specific I can get at home depot or lowes? Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X