No announcement yet.

7.3 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cleaning the tube and sensor is easy so it doesn't hurt to try it. Becareful though because you may rub a hole in the tube while cleaning it What I found is that my 7.3's don't like the low sulphur fuel and a few tanks without some conditioner I could tell a difference in the idle.

Comment

what conditioner do you run in your I always ran diesel kleen..........

Comment

7.3 question

I have run Lucas since 2002 in mine

265K miles and still going strong ...knock on wood.

Comment

Originally posted by coy-ote View Post
          Mine runs great but it has a hissing when it's cold so I was trying to look up and see if this was the cause

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          That hissing sound is the EBPV closing on the outlet side of your Turbo.It closes and restricts exhaust flow to warm up the engine faster by causing a load on the engine.It can deleted ,welded open ,or unplugged. The actuator rod for the valve is also a great place for an oil leak in the Valley,which leads people to think they have a rear main leak. I replaced the Up Pipes in my truck which required the turbo be removed so I just deleted mine all together will the Turbo was off. It required a new Turbo Pedastol ($125) and a Exhaust outlet on the Turbo($75).Made a noticeable difference in EGT's and spool up.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            I have run Lucas since 2002 in mine

265K miles and still going strong ...knock on wood.
            ^^^^ This

Lucas is well worth the small investment.
            I run it in my 2001 since the low sulfur diesel came out and I now have 195k miles.

Comment

Originally posted by coy-ote View Post
              I saw the sensor and tube on eBay for around $ 45 was thinking bout just replacing them since it's the first of the 99's that came out I got it in July of 98

So what was the verdict?

Comment

Well I haven't driven the truck I bought the sensor and tube on eBay will try and get it on soon and post the results

Comment

Working...
                X